Thank you Forumosa

Forumosa has helped many, many people over the years. If you're one of them, and you'd like to share your positive experiences, we'd love to hear your stories!

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Thank you Forumosa

Postby Tally » 20 Oct 2005, 21:53

I wasn't sure where to post this, but I guess this is as good a place as any!

I am leaving Taiwan next month after 2 years here. I just wanted to tell the people at forumosa and all the loyal users that this website is a life saver. I wish I had known about it as soon as I moved here, beause it would have saved me a lot of searching, frustration and your basic "what the hell am I supposed to do??" questions. I love the fact that I can post a question, ANY question, and get an answer for it within 24 hours.

So, thanks guys. Keep up the good work. You rock.
Tally
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby fee » 20 Oct 2005, 22:16

Best of luck on your next adventure, Tally.

And come back to visit--Formosa and Forumosa will always be here. :wink:
"As I said before, I'm from the Midwest. We were taught it's not polite to talk about ourselves.''
Forumosan avatar
fee
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

2 Recommends(s)

Re: Thank you Forumosa

Postby Mucha Man » 20 Oct 2005, 22:17

Tally wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this, but I guess this is as good a place as any!

I am leaving Taiwan next month after 2 years here. I just wanted to tell the people at forumosa and all the loyal users that this website is a life saver. I wish I had known about it as soon as I moved here, beause it would have saved me a lot of searching, frustration and your basic "what the hell am I supposed to do??" questions. I love the fact that I can post a question, ANY question, and get an answer for it within 24 hours.

So, thanks guys. Keep up the good work. You rock.

WITHIN 24 HOURS! Jesus, we better work on that.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

802 Recognized(s)

Postby Limey » 20 Oct 2005, 22:18

:banana: This little bloke makes me smile. Hope he makes you also. Good luck wherever you get to.

L.
If A equals success then the formula is: A=X+Y+Z; where X is work, Y is play and Z is keep your mouth shut.

A. Einstein
Forumosan avatar
Limey
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

Postby Tally » 20 Oct 2005, 22:32

Muzha Man wrote:WITHIN 24 HOURS! Jesus, we better work on that.

You're right Muzha Man, sometimes it only takes 10 minutes!!!

Yup, leaving the comforts of Taiwan is a scary thing, but it's time to move on for me. I really love it here though, and I love my life here.

I will miss you Taipei :notworthy:
Tally
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 21 Oct 2005, 00:18

Absolutely agree with you Tally.

All the very bestest, tally ho . . I guess?

HG
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Truant » 21 Oct 2005, 04:58

I'm moving this to feedback.

All the best,

Truant
The best learning Chinese flashcards in the world are available in Taiwan at http://www.silkwormpress.com
Forumosan avatar
Truant
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Namahottie » 31 Oct 2008, 13:44

thank you Tally. May you have the wind to your back as you speed toward a new beginning!
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Josefus » 31 Oct 2008, 13:48

Unless the wind is blowing slowly, I think he had his new beginning about 3 years ago. :lol:
If I could cup your testicles in my hand and warm them, by way of appeasement, I would gladly do so. - TomHill

The women here have jobs which don't involve climbing aboard the Winston Train for a bit of Wu Wu Wu. - Kahna
Forumosan avatar
Josefus
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

5 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 31 Oct 2008, 14:44

Josefus wrote:Unless the wind is blowing slowly, I think he had his new beginning about 3 years ago. :lol:
Spam is blowing slowly.
Er.... thingy.
Forumosan avatar
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Testimonials