Hats off to the mods!

Forumosa has helped many, many people over the years. If you're one of them, and you'd like to share your positive experiences, we'd love to hear your stories!

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Hats off to the mods!

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 05 Nov 2008, 22:10

I did look, but was really surprised to not find a feedback thread congratulating the mods on their fantasic unpaid efforts. In particular I think Jaboney and urodacus should be commended for their efforts in the IP forums during this US election lead up and the frantic hours after the announcement. In between, I also happened to notice mad shit going on in threads I don;t normally venture in and all over the damned place.

I like my economics guided with a firm hand and my discussion laissez faire, so I certainly didn't agree with all that happened, but under the circumstances, what a sterling effort! To wade through the sea of crud and keep it all running is a valuable and too often thankless art.

Not this time, here's a big thanks!

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Re: Hats off to the mods!

Postby the chief » 05 Nov 2008, 22:15

:beer:
"Got to hurry back to my hotel room
Where I got me a date with a pretty little girl from Split"

You're driftin' out of touch, Doc. G_d help us all.

"They wanted Hellboy, they got Hellboy."
-superking

Fully ordained Dudeist Priest, CLDD in good standing, available for weddings, funerals, and league semifinals, PM me.
Forumosan avatar
the chief
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

24 Recommends(s)
73 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 05 Nov 2008, 22:26

Chief,
You sick bastard - that six bottle bucket of beer implies that they are deformed , i.e. six fingered retards. I feel I should come up to Taipei and punish you by having you drink with me.
:cool: :twisted:
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 05 Nov 2008, 22:31

Urgggh! Sol! Have a Stroh rum on me, mods.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

982 Recommends(s)
370 Recognized(s)

Postby Big Fluffy Matthew » 05 Nov 2008, 22:35

Sandman is the only mod who wears a hat to my knowledge.
Er.... thingy.
Forumosan avatar
Big Fluffy Matthew
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)
Bodhisattva (pútísàduǒ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby maoman » 06 Nov 2008, 00:25

jimipresley wrote:Urgggh! Sol! Have a Stroh rum on me, mods.

Ooh, I think I will. I almost forgot I have a bottle of that lovely stuff! :cool: Nothing like a 160 proof rum to settle the spirits.
Forumosan avatar
maoman

76 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 06 Nov 2008, 00:31

Thanks, HGC. (ya big troublemaker)

In truth, much of the credit belongs to Maoman, who recently has had more time to devote, and a sharper eye than I.
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 06 Nov 2008, 01:13

if anyone can find me a genuine bottle of stroh rum, I'll be happy to share.

ohmigod I'm having so much difficulty typing properly, it's been my birthday drinky thingy.

salut
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

195 Recommends(s)
249 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 06 Nov 2008, 01:14

almas john wrote:Chief,
You sick bastard - that six bottle bucket of beer implies that they are deformed , i.e. six fingered retards. I feel I should come up to Taipei and punish you by having you drink with me.
:cool: :twisted:

hello
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

195 Recommends(s)
249 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 06 Nov 2008, 01:19

urodacus wrote:

if anyone can find me a genuine bottle of stroh rum, I'll be happy to share.

ohmigod I'm having so much difficulty typing properly, it's been my birthday drinky thingy.

salut

Jason's has them. I shall invest in one for the pleasure of your company. You are not cheaply bought young squires.
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

982 Recommends(s)
370 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Testimonials