Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Thanks Forumosa and Goodbye Taiwan

Forumosa has helped many, many people over the years. If you're one of them, and you'd like to share your positive experiences, we'd love to hear your stories!

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

Re: Thanks Forumosa and Goodbye Taiwan

Postby fee » 09 Dec 2008, 12:04

All the best to you and your wife.

Please do keep us posted on life back in New Zealand.

Blessings.
"As I said before, I'm from the Midwest. We were taught it's not polite to talk about ourselves.''
Forumosan avatar
fee
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby Tigerman » 09 Dec 2008, 13:37

Hey Anton,

As was said above, you are already missed by those of us who don't get out of Taipei often... but, you will be missed more, no doubt, when you leave this Island.

It has been a pleasure knowing you IRL and also sharing this website with you. I too wish you and Trudi all the very best in the coming new year and after and hope that you will continue posting here.

NZ is on my list of places to visit before I leave this side of the planet, so I will be looking forward to seeing you when we do get down there in the future.

I expect to make it to the HH on Thursday.

Peace,
TM
As it is, we seem to regard it as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has taken one side or the other. We regard it (in other words) as a positive objection to a reasoner that he has contrived to reach the object of his reasoning. We call a man a bigot or a slave of dogma because he is a thinker who has thought thoroughly and to a definite end.

Forumosan avatar
Tigerman
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

255 Recommends(s)
185 Recognized(s)

Postby Edgar Allen » 09 Dec 2008, 13:45

Won't make it Thursday but will be thinking of you both. Maybe will get so see you down in NZ, we get there from time to time.

All the best.
get fit in your own time, no equipment, no gym membership - www.ludusfit.com
Forumosan avatar
Edgar Allen
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)
KTV Is My Life (jiùshì ài chàng KTV)

2 Recommends(s)

Postby Jack Burton » 09 Dec 2008, 14:20

Truant,

My hopes and prayers go to your family.

See you on the flob another day. :wink:
Jack Burton: I don't get this at all. I thought Lo Pan...
Lo Pan: Shut up, Mr. Burton! You are not brought upon this world to get it!
Forumosan avatar
Jack Burton
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

4 Recommends(s)
49 Recognized(s)

Postby 914 » 09 Dec 2008, 15:18

Let ME be the very first to wish you a fine last few days in Taiwan, AND a fantabulous life in NZ, AND a wedding anniversary coming up for which you'll fly back just in time, AND a hopeful new year. :rainbow:

You will be missed dearly, especially by Iris I'm sure. Too bad we weren't in YVR the same week last month, but if you're ever in SFO, just holler.

Meeting you was one of the highlights of my life in Taiwan. You're the best Kiwi I know. Thank you for opening my eyes to the beauty of the haka. :discodance:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"I highly recommend Truant as a friend. He is smart. And he looks like Jemaine." -- 914
Messages are sent from my iPad so if you find any errors, you may keep them. Myspacebarhasissues.
Forumosan avatar
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

Location: YVR to SFO to TPE; Now in semi-retirement in Sky Mother
35 Recommends(s)
37 Recognized(s)

Postby Rascal » 09 Dec 2008, 15:52

I wish you both all the best!
Sign here
Forumosan avatar
Rascal
Goddess of Fornication & Prostitutes (tōngjiān hé jìnǚ de nǚshén)

Postby Buttercup » 09 Dec 2008, 16:02

914 wrote:"I highly recommend Truant as a friend. He is smart. And he looks like Jemaine." -- 914

Echo dat. All my good wishes.
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby tash » 09 Dec 2008, 19:00

Truant is one of those friends who rubs off on you in all the right ways. Go to this HH and get yourselves some of that while you still can.
tash
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)
Wild Chicken Bus Driver (yě jī chē sī jī)

24 Recommends(s)
36 Recognized(s)

Postby Buttercup » 09 Dec 2008, 19:04

tash wrote:Truant is one of those friends who rubs off on you in all the right ways. Go to this HH and get yourselves some of that while you still can.

But you shouldn't let him. :no-no:
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby sandman » 09 Dec 2008, 19:17

Buttercup wrote:
tash wrote:Truant is one of those friends who rubs off on you in all the right ways. Go to this HH and get yourselves some of that while you still can.

But you shouldn't let him. :no-no:

Right. Stains. Odd looks from passersby. Let him rub himself off on other people is what I say.
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Testimonials