The Community Spirit

Forumosa has helped many, many people over the years. If you're one of them, and you'd like to share your positive experiences, we'd love to hear your stories!

Moderators: Tempo Gain, ironlady

The Community Spirit

Postby jimipresley » 02 Oct 2010, 10:14

I'm gonna get all weepy on yo'all asses.

I've been going through a bad patch of late, a very dark place, and want to extend my gratitude to forumosans (many of whom I unfortunately haven't met) who have reached out to me. The kindness, advice and good wishes that have come my way have been overwhelming. I won't mention any specific names. You know who you are.

Anyway, my point is that although we may sometimes disagree and vehemently argue, this is a wonderful place for making life-long friends. People who will come through for you in times of dire need; who extend their hands above and beyond the call of duty.

Those of you who invited me out, gave me referrals, offered to drive me around looking for a new abode, and generally gave selflessly of their time, Jimi can't thank you enough.

Thank you, forumosa!
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1050 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Re: The Community Spirit

Postby the chief » 02 Oct 2010, 10:42

You are SUCH a girl...
"Got to hurry back to my hotel room
Where I got me a date with a pretty little girl from Split"

You're driftin' out of touch, Doc. G_d help us all.

"They wanted Hellboy, they got Hellboy."
-superking

Fully ordained Dudeist Priest, CLDD in good standing, available for weddings, funerals, and league semifinals, PM me.
Forumosan avatar
the chief
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

24 Recommends(s)
73 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 02 Oct 2010, 14:28

the chief wrote:SUCH a girl...

Yep, Chiefmeister, sure is. And if he's going to talk like a girl, perhaps we should dress him up like a girl.

Jimi,
Sorry to hear you've been under a cloud. And you're right about the community spirit; there are lots of good people on the boards. I've always felt that this forum works best when it combines the online and real-life worlds.
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby ThreadKiller » 02 Oct 2010, 14:38

almas john wrote:
the chief wrote:SUCH a girl...

Yep, Chiefmeister, sure is. And if he's going to talk like a girl, perhaps we should dress him up like a girl.

I think he'd enjoy that too much. Image

XXX, jimi.

I'm in agreement. Besides being a nice place to have a little fun arguing, this is a great place to make new friends and get a bit of support.
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here." (Melvin Udall)

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." (Denis Diderot)

"I believe there's nothing we can know except that we should be kind to each other and do what we can for people." (Katharine Hepburn)
Forumosan avatar
ThreadKiller
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

99 Recommends(s)
45 Recognized(s)

Postby MilkTeaJack » 02 Oct 2010, 14:48

the chief wrote:You are SUCH a girl...

HAWT! Throw him in a dress, put lipstick on and I am there!

So, jimi, now you know my # and I know you are going to the Pearl thing, call me. I'm bringing a mumu.
twitter: jackge

Do right by yourself, you'll do right for others.
Do right by others, you'll do right for yourself.
Then on your final day of reckoning, there'll be no blame for living the life you lived.
Forumosan avatar
MilkTeaJack
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby JuliaZ » 02 Oct 2010, 15:18

jimipresley wrote:I'm gonna get all weepy on yo'all asses.

I've been going through a bad patch of late, a very dark place, and want to extend my gratitude to forumosans (many of whom I unfortunately haven't met) who have reached out to me. The kindness, advice and good wishes that have come my way have been overwhelming. I won't mention any specific names. You know who you are.

Anyway, my point is that although we may sometimes disagree and vehemently argue, this is a wonderful place for making life-long friends. People who will come through for you in times of dire need; who extend their hands above and beyond the call of duty.

Those of you who invited me out, gave me referrals, offered to drive me around looking for a new abode, and generally gave selflessly of their time, Jimi can't thank you enough.

Thank you, forumosa!

If there's something that would cheer you up, make you feel better, etc., that I can bring you from the States, let me know. I'm leaving Friday and I'm back next month. (I've got a nearly full bottle of Tylenol 3 from Canada... LOL)

People here have been really nice to me, too, so let me pile on my weepy-eyed thanks as well. Now I need to go get on the MRT to see you all at Daniel Pearl, even though it looks depressingly like rain.
Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
Richard Bach
---------- in Bellevue for now, back in Xindian Nov 7....
Forumosan avatar
JuliaZ
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Testimonials