At Cory’s Kitchen I keep getting asked the same sort of questions; Where did you learn to make sausages like this? Okay, I love the sausages but will you be doing other flavors or other products? When will you open a restaurant? My friends in Nantou had some at my place and loved them, can they order them too? I always cut the meat out of the skins to make pasta, can I just order the seasoned meat? Do you have variety packs?
1) I have been involved in making sausages for many years dating back to my mom’s family making deer sausage in the fall when I was a kid. In Taiwan, a few friends and I started making them about 3 years ago.
2) At the moment we are only making sausages but we hope to have some other products before long. If you have any suggestions of western food things you would love to get here but can’t either easily or affordably, feel free to drop me a line and make a suggestion.
3) We have no plans of opening a restaurant. We are focusing on internet sales and home delivery.
4) We offer shipping anywhere on the island. In Kaohsiung it is free and once you order we will set up a time and place to meet that is convenient for you. For orders outside of Kaohsiung we use freezer truck delivery. It is pretty affordable for smaller quantities and for orders over 2000nt we pay the shipping!
5) We have started making a few packages of just the meat, not stuffed into the casing. We are only doing this with Italian as that seems to the only one people are really wanting this way. They are still in 500g vacuum sealed bags and the price is the same as for sausages.
6) Sorry, because we don’t make all four flavors at once and we freeze them as soon as possible to lock in the freshness, we don’t make variety packs.
So, hopefully that answers some of your questions and makes you just a bit hungrier for a good sausage. Remember, we have 4 flavors; Garlic, Mexican Chorizo, Italian and Garlic. They are 200nt for a 500g bag and are frozen when you buy them. Order anytime by emailing email@example.com
or call Cory at 0926138585 or Alice at 0937474622. You can also find us on Facebook (Cory's Kitchen - Kaohsiung, Taiwan)or at our blog (http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/coryskitchentw