Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Aboriginal songs

Moderator: hansioux

Re: Aboriginal songs

Postby marasan » 25 Nov 2015, 15:18

hansioux wrote:by the way, Suming won an Golden Horse Award for best original music for the Pangcah movie Wawa no Cidal

That was shared by some friends on FB. Nice. The aborigines I know were very moved by this performance (to tears was a common comment).
marasan
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 28 Jan 2016, 09:56

Not one of Matzka's newest songs, but definitely my favorite.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby marasan » 28 Jan 2016, 15:59

hansioux wrote:Not one of Matzka's newest songs, but definitely my favorite.

Nice. I remember playing an aboriginal song with modern influences like this one to my mother-in-law. She was in the back of the car (we had a big minivan then with a decent stereo) and just kept laughing at the lyrics. I imagine she thought it was funny also that she could understand all the words to a song like that (normally in English or an incomprehensible Mandarin).
marasan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 29 Jul 2016, 11:38

By the way, Suming won the Golden Melody Song of the Year award with Aka Pisawad (never give up) back in June. GMA is like Taiwan's Grammy, and this is the first time that an Aboriginal song won the Song of the Year title. Usually Aboriginal songs not in Mandarin gets relegated to the Best Aboriginal Singer award. However, Suming got little attention for it. Most news papers had GMA news on the front page, but didn't feature Suming on it.

I guess there's still a long way to go.

The best Aboriginal singer award this year went to Sangpuy

hansioux

Postby marasan » 29 Jul 2016, 13:43

Haven't had time to listen to your shares yet, but let me get this posted before I forget. Hansioux, I would love to get your feedback on the song (who the guest is- at least he seems like a guest to the group, what language the aboriginal lyrics part is in, etc.).

VUVU的天空 –Box ing 樂團
又過了一年 妳離去那天
漫步田野間 扶桑朵朵艷
回憶在眼前 每一個瞬間
山林溪水邊 妳我的每天

赤足走 泥土溫厚
心感受 妳的微笑雙眸
伸出手 微風輕柔
抬起頭 天空有妳守候
記得小時候 有妳的守候
只要勇敢笑就不用愁
記得小時候 和我手牽手
笑或淚回家路一起走

aiyang tiya vuvu keinaukavan amen
(憶起Vuvu她的看顧與包容)
mapuljat ula ma-nguwa-nguwa-anga timaza su vuvu
(讓我們現在過得很好)
sa iaung aen tjanumun
(我誠摯的期望)
ulja iljaljain amen mapuljat tiya men a su vuvu imaza ya acawan
(我們依舊受妳的眷顧)
ti vuvu ljacja-vuvu a lasulasugi pagi mamilien
(不能辜負Vuvu 我們要永遠團結)
marasan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 29 Jul 2016, 14:39

The only Aboriginal orthography I know that features a "tj" combination is Paiwan, which represents the voiceless pal​a​tal stop /c/

So I'm gonna say the chorus is in Paiwan. (I looked up Boxing on wikipedia, and they are indeed Paiwan).

Is the guest the one on the bongo? Or the guy with the glasses? The one on the bongo probably is Boxing's drummer Mudi. The guy with the glasses is Ye Bing-huan (葉秉桓), who is from Taoyuan's Lalashan. He's most well known for competing in The Voice of China. His connection with Boxing might be that they are both signed by Amei.
hansioux

Postby marasan » 29 Jul 2016, 14:51

hansioux wrote:The only Aboriginal orthography I know that features a "tj" combination is Paiwan, which represents the voiceless pal​a​tal stop /c/

So I'm gonna say the chorus is in Paiwan. (I looked up Boxing on wikipedia, and they are indeed Paiwan).

Is the guest the one on the bongo? Or the guy with the glasses? The one on the bongo probably is Boxing's drummer Mudi. The guy with the glasses is Ye Bing-huan (葉秉桓), who is from Taoyuan's Lalashan. He's most well known for competing in The Voice of China. His connection with Boxing might be that they are both signed by Amei.

Great information. Thanks for that!
marasan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby hansioux » 29 Jul 2016, 17:04

'A I Daa Ni, a Rukai song by 張仰華, featuring 杜紹穎, her cousin. Wish I know their Rukai names, but I can't seem to find them online.
hansioux

Postby marasan » 29 Jul 2016, 17:20

I watched part of that 太陽的孩子 with the wife (she's Amei). It started to get a little heavy and we both weren't in the mood for that on that day. I think some things hit too close to home for my wife, too, so we only watched the first thirty minutes or so.

Well, the song's not bad at all. I like aboriginal songs that are a little less refined, usually, but the tune from the movie's nice.
marasan

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Culture & History