Another must listen by Sterling Seagraves

Moderator: hansioux

Another must listen by Sterling Seagraves

Postby Fox » 23 Oct 2011, 23:11

Here is another must listen by Sterling Seagraves author of the Marcos Dynasty, the Song Sisters, Lords of the Rim etc.

http://www.blackopradio.com/pod/black538a.mp3
"When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her." Wilde

"I don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins. It's all a mystery." Flaming Lips

"a man's position here is not ruled so much by what he can earn as by what he can owe and still remain at large." Letters of a Shanghai Griffin

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin

The American oligarchy spares no pains in promoting the belief that it does not exist, but the success of its disappearing act depends on equally strenuous efforts on the part of an American public anxious to believe in egalitarian fictions and unwilling to see what is hidden in plain sight.
redbubble
http://www.planetediting.com
Forumosan avatar
Fox
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
64 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Re: Another must listen by Sterling Seagraves

Postby Tempo Gain » 23 Oct 2011, 23:38

I see he's got a couple of books on the subject; it would be interesting to see how he supports these claims--something lacking in the books of his I've read.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

331 Recommends(s)
325 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 23 Oct 2011, 23:56

How about some words on what it is about?
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

842 Recognized(s)

Postby Fox » 24 Oct 2011, 06:25

Tempo Gain wrote:I see he's got a couple of books on the subject; it would be interesting to see how he supports these claims--something lacking in the books of his I've read.

I'm not sure how you can say that Tempo Gain. He is famous for one thing, the scrupulous level of his investigations and data gathering.

From the summary (sorry it should be in point form but bullets were lost. Each line is a bullet point):
Author of Gold Warriors (Show #512), Madame Chiang Kai-shek, the Marcos's, Japanese war loot
Ed Lansdale, Allen Dulles, thousands of years of accumulated wealth, Lansdale stumbled on some,
General Donovan attached Lansdale to G2 in the Philippines, Charles Bohannan, Napoleon Valeriano
Landlords with immense properties, General Yamashita Tomoyuki, Major Kojima Kashii
Torturing of Kojima, stashing of enormous treasure, twelve sites, two meter high stacks of 75 kilo gold bars
Lansdale briefed in Manila, Tokyo and Washington, Clark Clifford persuaded Truman to keep it secret
Take and keep the gold and treasure, Donovan getting pissed, based in Panama, Meyer Lansky, "Bugsy" Siegel
Claire Chennault's Flying Tigers, flying dope and tungsten over the Hump, conflict between Donovan and Dulles camps
Only one bar of gold recovered from the Nazi stash, everything else was melted down and disappeared
Clark Air Base, World Anti-Communist League, there hasn't been an audit of Fort Knox in over 50 years
Gold Bearer Certificates, everybody is getting swindled, totally unknown, private planes, Presidents are handicapped
The guys who own the bankers are the boss, the Power Elite are anonymous, the Federal Reserve, private bankers
The reason JFK was removed, he decided to change US currency, the Fed is a fraud
Ed Lansdale told Prouty he operated "with a blank check book from Uncle Sam"
China White Heroin, BCCI (Bank of Credit and Commerce International), the Vatican, Malta, Macao
Members of the Knights of Malta, published 11 books, now the twelfth, Stanley Ho, Phil Graham, Eugene Meyer
Graham persuaded Kennedy to take LBJ as his running mate, killing the Pope with a cup of tea
Bush and Cheney got in the back door by a coup d'état, you get Republicans, you get swindled,
Real evil, it was Cheney and company, The only good left... Ron Paul or Jesse Ventura
Third party candidates, siphoning of resources and money out of America,
Jefferson vs.. Hamilton, Americans just getting the shaft, the Rothschilds, new book, Red Sky In The Morning
Our enemy was going to be the Communists, two young Americans, after the war, in the Philippines, the Huk movement
400 hundred years of Spanish Catholic rule, 50 years under the US, United Fruit, the Pentagon, paper fiat currency
Mrs. Clinton saying and they (Russia and China) are our enemies, invent a Cold War, Ray Cline, Madame Chiang Kai-shek
Sterling grew up on the Burma China border
"When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her." Wilde

"I don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins. It's all a mystery." Flaming Lips

"a man's position here is not ruled so much by what he can earn as by what he can owe and still remain at large." Letters of a Shanghai Griffin

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin

The American oligarchy spares no pains in promoting the belief that it does not exist, but the success of its disappearing act depends on equally strenuous efforts on the part of an American public anxious to believe in egalitarian fictions and unwilling to see what is hidden in plain sight.
redbubble
http://www.planetediting.com
Forumosan avatar
Fox

ORIGINAL POSTER
64 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby Ed Lakewood » 24 Oct 2011, 09:31

Thanks Fox.

I listened to most of that this afternoon.

I have no idea how much of what he's saying is true, but I can say that his Marcos Dynasty was a really interesting read, and he mentions Yamashda's (right spelling?) gold in that book, but just a line or two, if I remember. According to Seagrave, Marcos was a Japanese collaborator, a bit of his CV Marcos erased after the war. The Marcos Dynasty is an obscure book now, but if you ever see it, pick it up and read it. Did you know, for example, that Marcos's thugs were trained by the KMT at an academy in Beitou? Or that under Marcos, there were death squads and that Manila became a major centre for drugs, guns, and child prostitution? I'm sure the Philippines has always been really messed up, but Marcos's kleptocracy seems to have made sure it will remain messed up for a long time to come.

I find it hard to wrong with dictator bios. I've heard Seagrave is a conspiracy theorist, but that book seemed really well documented and put together.

Is it true he thinks 9/11 was an inside job? What are some "facts" he's accused of having invented?

Anyway, thanks. I'd never heard him speak before.

Ed
Ed Lakewood
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 24 Oct 2011, 14:05

Tempo Gain wrote:I'm not sure how you can say that Tempo Gain. He is famous for one thing, the scrupulous level of his investigations and data gathering.

A quick look at Lords of the Rim seems to prove you right and me wrong. I'll be on the lookout for his book about Yamashita's gold. By the way, if you find this interesting, you may like Cryptonomicon by Neil Smith.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

331 Recommends(s)
325 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Culture & History