Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Nazi themed Chinese wedding?

Moderator: hansioux

Re: Nazi themed Chinese wedding?

Postby north1 » 23 Nov 2013, 15:06

hansioux wrote:I temped the discussion on holocaust deniers. you may continue that discussion under the temp forum (Since this is my first time exercising my mod privilege, I hope the discussion is still available under temp. Ok now I am pretty sure I did it correctly.)

I was fine with people bringing up that some accused holocaust deniers might have faced unfair treatments, but if people are going to argue in details about the claims made by holocaust deniers, I think it's OT.

So your claims of respecting freedom of speech are worthless. Typical :D
north1
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

In Taiwan since: 15 Aug 2005

Postby north1 » 23 Nov 2013, 15:12

navillus wrote:
Hokwongwei wrote:
For Germans, it's a very important part of their history. At least this is what my German friends have told me.

I'll second this. Again, from what German friends have told me.
I tell these guys that it is ridiculous that Holocaust denial is a crime and this should be freedom of thought and speech. They vehemently argue that it must remain a crime. I have also discussed the relevance of "Nazi Hunters" in 2013, but these guys insist that every last one of them must be brought to justice.

You seem to have a far more balanced approach than what your German friends have, and kudos to you for that. Even one of the most well-known "holocaust deniers", German Ernst Zundel bought the original story until he moved to Canada. His story is as heartbreaking as it is fascinating, including the fact that a Jewish professor came to his aid during the early 90s in his "holocaust" denial trail. He was acquitted of all charges as a result of Prof. Dommergue's testimony.
north1

In Taiwan since: 15 Aug 2005

Postby hansioux » 23 Nov 2013, 17:19

north1 wrote:
hansioux wrote:I temped the discussion on holocaust deniers. you may continue that discussion under the temp forum (Since this is my first time exercising my mod privilege, I hope the discussion is still available under temp. Ok now I am pretty sure I did it correctly.)

I was fine with people bringing up that some accused holocaust deniers might have faced unfair treatments, but if people are going to argue in details about the claims made by holocaust deniers, I think it's OT.

So your claims of respecting freedom of speech are worthless. Typical :D

I temped that discussion based on the fact that it's out of topic. it also doesn't belong in the culture & history section, as claims made by deniers are fiction not history. no one is stopping you in the temp forum.
Don't confuse me with your reasonableness.
hansioux
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

In Taiwan since: 30 Jun 2006

Postby Lros » 19 Feb 2014, 05:16

Ermintrude wrote:You don't have to 'please' people, but you shouldn't deliberately dress up in foreign uniforms that seriously hurt and upset people. Being too thick to know the difference isn't an excuse.

It wouldn't be OK for Europeans to dress up in 'rape of Nanjing' era Japanese uniforms because that's seriously obnoxious. That's an analogy, that is.

eeeeeeexactly. those chinese maroons in the photos would be about ready to kill the foriegner that did a japanese Nanjing version of what they just did. chinese hate japanese with a passion, yet a similar issue from another country and its a lets play dress up party?
Lros
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby hansioux » 21 Jul 2014, 16:29

well.... time to bring this thread back...

http://www.setnews.net/News.aspx?PageGr ... PageType=2

http://udn.com/NEWS/BREAKINGNEWS/BREAKI ... 5858.shtml

Photo taken at an air show at Taichung's Air force Airport. Apparently, some young hipsters thought it was a good idea to sell Nazi themed clothing at the air show. People working at the booth were wearing the NAZI symbol on their arms.
hansioux

Postby Hokwongwei » 21 Jul 2014, 17:24

hansioux wrote:Photo taken at an air show at Taichung's Air force Airport. Apparently, some young hipsters thought it was a good idea to sell Nazi themed clothing at the air show. People working at the booth were wearing the NAZI symbol on their arms.

I really wish I had been there to raise my voice, get red in the face, and make a scene.
This is a highly proper signature.
Hokwongwei
Almost a God (jīhū shì shén)

Postby rowland » 21 Jul 2014, 20:16

hansioux wrote:Photo taken at an air show at Taichung's Air force Airport. Apparently, some young hipsters thought it was a good idea to sell Nazi themed clothing at the air show. People working at the booth were wearing the NAZI symbol on their arms.

Any Che T-shirts?

I once met a leftist protester who told me in as many words that the right to free speech included the right to shout down speech she disagreed with. It's all about the bandwidth. When multiple people are talking at the same time, they can't all be heard. He who shouts loudest gets his message across, even if his message is pure idiocy. That's why absolute tolerance for others' speech isn't workable. It won't be reciprocated.

What's Hipster Hitler up to these days?
Big government is for those who can't handle freedom. Political correctness is for those who can't handle reality.

Gun-free zones are where the gun violence happens. Ban gun-free zones before many more get killed. Also, gun violence in Europe is as bad as in US, and getting worse.

The most bigoted people in the world insist that they are the most open-minded, the cruelest people in the world insist that they are the most compassionate, and the most illogical insist that they are the most logical.

Just because Al Gore says there's a planetary emergency doesn't mean there's a planetary emergency. And just because somebody says it's science doesn't mean it's science.
rowland
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)
Second Landlord (èr fáng dōng)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Hokwongwei » 21 Jul 2014, 20:24

:thumbsup: Free speech is the right to espouse idiocy and be mocked mercilessly for it.
This is a highly proper signature.
Hokwongwei

Postby Lros » 21 Jul 2014, 21:43

maroons.

its not offensive but I have seen a slightly popular t shirt here with the word LOVE on it. and the O is a jewish star of david.... whats up with that? they love jews? love judaism?
Lros

Postby hansioux » 22 Jul 2014, 09:30

Lros wrote:maroons.

its not offensive but I have seen a slightly popular t shirt here with the word LOVE on it. and the O is a jewish star of david.... whats up with that? they love jews? love judaism?

in anime, the star of david is often used as a symbol for magic... what color is the star? light blue as the actual Israeli flag or dark purple or something? :ponder:
hansioux

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Culture & History