Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

New Film about 20th Century Taiwan History

Moderator: hansioux

Re: New Film about 20th Century Taiwan History

Postby Taiwanguy » 08 Sep 2015, 08:27

Milkybar_Kid wrote:
I compose scores for films and TV shows in Taiwan and China.

What does this mean?

Were you also responsible for the English subtitles on the first one? I might head down to rent the DVD but would probably need the English subs turned on for a film like this.

I write music. I did the musical score for both of the films in this series.

And yes, I worked on the subtitles on the first one as well.
Taiwanguy
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 29 May 2002

Re: New Film about 20th Century Taiwan History

Postby Taiwanguy » 18 Sep 2015, 09:19

https://www.facebook.com/attabutw/photos/a.573420229382508.1073741828.573415842716280/1036485203076006/?type=1&permPage=1

Film opens today. I went to the Taipei premier last night. Mayor Ko sat a couple of rows behind me.

It is screening with English subs. Somehow they managed to squeeze in a couple of mistakes even after I made sure the file was good to go...but they are minor. Check it out if you are interested in early 20th century Taiwan history.
Taiwanguy

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }
In Taiwan since: 29 May 2002

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Culture & History