Fight against illegal parking of expensive cars ...

Forum rules
Try using the YouTube BBcode when you post the video on the site, simply enter: [YouTubeBB3]URL to Video[/YouTubeBB3] or try [flv]URL to Video[/flv]

Re: Fight against illegal parking of expensive cars ...

Postby ichbinjenny » 04 Aug 2011, 08:40

Hrm -- your profile thingy says you signed up in '08. I guess I have been here longer than you. Give yourself a few more years...
ichbinjenny
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

29 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby CraigTPE » 04 Aug 2011, 08:51

ichbinjenny wrote:I don't really care how things are done in SF. I'm in Taiwan. And in Taiwan we double park. Get over it or go back to the US. (By the way, in NYC drivers double park, too. Sometimes you get towed, oftentimes you don't.)

Double parking, if not illegal, is dangerous and selfish. A person who double parks is inconveniencing dozens if not hundreds of other drivers. To say if you don't like it, leave, is just childish.

ichbinjenny wrote:I got over a lot of my street issues after I realized that I should just calm down and enjoy the perks of carefree driving. Today some guy double parked blocking me in my legally parked position. (Many thanks to the stationary store chain that provides parking outside its stores.) Instead of getting pissy, I just asked the clerk to find the driver. The driver came out and we shared a smile and a laugh. He moved his car quickly and everything was fine.
It's taken me a good few years to get to this point. Haven't you been here longer than me?

I admire your Zen attitude and you are probably a much happier, less stressed driver than I am. :bow: You have correctly concluded that this issue will never change in Taiwan and have adjusted. I can't. It still does, and always will, piss me off. As will people cutting me off, running red lights and all the other rude, dangerous driving behaviors.

ichbinjenny wrote:The roads of Taiwan weren't really made for driving tank-like cars. If drivers of giant SUVs and the like have trouble getting through traffic, it might be because of the size of the car, not because of the double-parked car(s). (Just a thought.)

Whether you drive a Benz or a Mini, double parking blocks a lane and forces you to merge into another lane.
ichbinjenny wrote:Hrm -- your profile thingy says you signed up in '08. I guess I have been here longer than you. Give yourself a few more years...

I've been here since 2005. Irrelevant.
ichbinjenny wrote:You're a good driver, then. And I guess I've become a bad one -- but I still refuse to run red lights.

It's good to draw the line somewhere....
Forumosan avatar
CraigTPE
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

91 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

Postby Tempo Gain » 04 Aug 2011, 09:31

I'm not sure what the cause/effect scenario is exactly but they really don't seem to have much of parking or traffic problems there. Actually it looks deserted. Having said that, it would have been fun to see them crush the rolls.
Forumosan avatar
Tempo Gain
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

291 Recommends(s)
295 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 04 Aug 2011, 13:22

CraigTPE wrote:
ichbinjenny wrote:Can you seriously look me in the eye and say you've never double parked?

Yes.

You're a good driver, then. And I guess I've become a bad one -- but I still refuse to run red lights.

Has nothing to do with being a good driver ... he can be the worst driver on earth ... he's disciplined and just follows the rules
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
65 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to YouTube and Other Video Clips