The tree of life ad - not the movie, but a true story

Forum rules
Try using the YouTube BBcode when you post the video on the site, simply enter: [YouTubeBB3]URL to Video[/YouTubeBB3] or try [flv]URL to Video[/flv]

The tree of life ad - not the movie, but a true story

Postby Icon » 02 Mar 2012, 10:38

Very interesting, allegedly based on a true story. After 921, a man's life saved by nature. He's grateful, he wants to give something back. "Trees speak, can't you hear them?", he asks. Ad director is from Thailand.

Long version:

News here: http://www.tvbs.com.tw/news/news_list.a ... 2007:52:06
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
759 Recommends(s)
592 Recognized(s)

Re: The tree of life ad

Postby Lili » 03 Mar 2012, 03:23

So... there is a Tree of Life Chinese version too?
"I wanted to be puzzled and charmed, to experience the endless, beguiling variety of a continent where you can board a train and an hour later be somewhere where the inhabitants speak a different language, eat different foods, work different hours, live lives that are at once so different and yet so oddly similar. I wanted to be a tourist," Bill Bryson.
"...But I ended up in Taiwan," Lili.

Never underestimate how much assistance,
how much satisfaction,
how much comfort,
how much soul and transcendence there might be
in a cold bottle of beer.
-Tom Robbins
Forumosan avatar
Lili
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
23 Recognized(s)

Re: The tree of life ad

Postby Taigottawanna » 03 Mar 2012, 07:33

I saw the long version the other day. At first I wasn't sure it was a commercial, since it was so long and it wasn't obvious what product it was selling. Ironic it turned out to be a commercial for a bank. I mean, don't they approve loans for development projects that often necessitate the bulldozing of vast swaths of nature to make way for concrete?
Forumosan avatar
Taigottawanna
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

5 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to YouTube and Other Video Clips