New Marilyn Manson Movie Worse Than "Saw"?

Forum rules
Try using the YouTube BBcode when you post the video on the site, simply enter: [YouTubeBB3]URL to Video[/YouTubeBB3] or try [flv]URL to Video[/flv]

New Marilyn Manson Movie Worse Than "Saw"?

Postby The Booted One » 15 Sep 2010, 14:03

First, let me preface this by pointing out that I am not a fan of Marilyn Manson, I just find this whole controversy to be a little more than ridiculous! Manson's new film entitled Phantasmagoria: The Visions Of Lewis Carroll has been indefinitely shelfed due to overwhelming backlash to the "violent" trailer which was recently released. My problem is that this trailer doesn't seem any more violent or disturbing than those that are plastered all over TV around the world each October before the release of the latest Saw film. Sure Manson uses the same type of filming techniques he has always used to shock soccer moms everywhere, but is it really enough to have the film banned?

If you want to take a look at the trailer (remember it is made by Manson so use discretion before you head over to Youtube!) you can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsnVN6QnW-4
The Booted One
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: New Marilyn Manson Movie Worse Than "Saw"?

Postby suiyuan31 » 15 Sep 2010, 14:16

My guess...no one is banning it. But to claim that it is being banned due to outrage over content is a sure way to make the movie go viral. Manson has made most of his living off of controversy... I'm guessing it's someone likely to profit stirring up this story. It's just smart marketing.
Edit: Did you notice the trailer is copyright 2006? This has been online a while...definitely publicity seeking :neutral:
I'm an acquired taste. If you don't like me, acquire some taste.
Forumosan avatar
suiyuan31
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

4 Recognized(s)

Postby The Booted One » 15 Sep 2010, 14:49

Could very well be a not so well disguised marketing ploy. I just came across the story on the NME site today and it is filled with vague wordings that could easily be taken back or skewed in the future. "Indefinitely put on hold" is not exactly a concrete statement!! Nonetheless, there has been a lot of genuine backlash against the trailer which I don't understand. I'm of the same opinion as you SuiYuan31, if people would just ignore this stuff it would simply fade away!!
The Booted One
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Dr. McCoy » 15 Sep 2010, 15:09

I was thinking this was about the planned Marilyn Monroe movie. I'm glad it won't be worse than Saw.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 15 Sep 2010, 19:03

who actually saw Saw?

Would you recommend anyone see Saw?

maybe the donkey from Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

209 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 15 Sep 2010, 20:22

Go see Saw on a seesaw.

They are making a prequel, Sawn.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 15 Sep 2010, 20:36

Eeyore saw Saw on a see saw.

Too many people! Almost all of the world's problems are due to overpopulation. The rest are due to religion.

50% of the world's wild animals have disappeared in the last 50 years. Did you eat them, or eat their house?
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

209 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 15 Sep 2010, 21:56

What an eye sore.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 16 Sep 2010, 07:17

I saw that coming!

Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

209 Recommends(s)
266 Recognized(s)

Postby Marty » 16 Sep 2010, 11:33

I didn't know they allowed nudity on YouTube now. I saw quite a few breast and vagina shots in that clip.
Forumosan avatar
Marty
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

1 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to YouTube and Other Video Clips