Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Tibetan Buddhism is not Buddhism; Lamas are not Buddhists.

Tibetan Buddhism is not Buddhism; Lamas are not Buddhists.

Postby Equilibrium » 20 Aug 2011, 23:02

First off, the title is not my belief or words. It is quoted as accurately as I can recall.

This is printed on a LARGE yellow sign on the side of a building (2 or 3 stops before Shilin MRT). It is large enough to read clearly from the MRT coaches.
I am curious about the sign, as there are no signs for any other Buddhist movement anywhere around it.
I would think the only reason anybody would do this type of dissing would be to propogate their own form of Buddhism, but... there is nothing apparent there.
Anybody know the sign and have any clue about the seemingly random Tibetan dissing?
http://lcmsmedia.com Mandarin Chinese Localization & Voice-Over
http://imagesbykenny.com My photos
Equilibrium
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
7 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: Tibetan Buddhism is not Buddhism; Lamas are not Buddhists.

Postby Dragonbones » 20 Aug 2011, 23:09

Sounds like something the Chinese Communist Pigs would come up with in order to dissuade local Buddhists from empathizing with the Tibetan victims of CCP oppression. Where's the puke emoticon when I need it? :fume:
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

39 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 20 Aug 2011, 23:54

The sign is visible from Yuanshan MRT on the west side, No idea what it's about though.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

189 Recommends(s)
192 Recognized(s)

Postby BigJohn » 21 Aug 2011, 01:27

cfimages wrote:The sign is visible from Yuanshan MRT on the west side, No idea what it's about though.

I'm guessing it was intended to be observed by the PRC tourists going to the flower show.
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

107 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 21 Aug 2011, 01:32

Dragonbones wrote:Sounds like something the Chinese Communist Pigs would come up with in order to dissuade local Buddhists from empathizing with the Tibetan victims of CCP oppression. Where's the puke emoticon when I need it? :fume:

And you think perfectly nice Taiwanese Buddhists can't come up with that?? Why would CCP give free publicity to Tibetan Buddhists???

This is religion. It's always about money. And if you have ever had a run in with the major Buddhist organizations in Taiwan, you'll know how rich they really are. Me thinks the smaller ones feel bad that the public is contributing to Tibetan Buddhism.

That said, every country, be it Sri Lanka, Japan, Myanmar, China, etc. thinks their Buddhism is the real thing.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby Redmenace » 21 Aug 2011, 08:34

I've heard stories about Tibetans pretending to be lamas just to get a visa and live a luxurious life in Taiwan. Maybe it has something to do with this?
Redmenace
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby urodacus » 21 Aug 2011, 08:36

All cows are bovines. Not all bovines are cows.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

195 Recommends(s)
250 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 21 Aug 2011, 08:46

I have met few Buddhist in Taiwan and every single one of them thinks his/her religion is the original, and they openly diss other religions including the one from which Buddhism came into life! talk about money - I have had chance to see one so called 'guru''s meeting. he was charging 200 NT per person to enter in the meeting/lecture room.
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Redmenace » 21 Aug 2011, 09:26

One of my co-teachers informed me that to become a uniform wearing member of Tzu-Chi (the Buddhist organization that everyone loves), you need to make a minimum donation of a $1 million NT. It's pretty much a rich housewive's club. That being said I still believe they do a lot of good for the world, it's just a little weird about the huge money involved.
Redmenace

Postby BigJohn » 21 Aug 2011, 11:12

divea wrote:And you think perfectly nice Taiwanese Buddhists can't come up with that??

You think they'd do advertising of themselves as fakes and sexual abusers?
Forumosan avatar
BigJohn

107 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Religion & Spirituality