The Bodhi Way (三乘菩提)

Re: The Bodhi Way (三乘菩提)

Postby Isha » 30 Jan 2012, 17:36

Buddhism wrote:Just firgure it out with your common sense;
as mentioned in all the earlier posts, Absolute "it is without any form or appearance[color=#800000];[color=#800000]The Alaya vijnana does not fit in our usual daily relativity "
So nobody has to decide the "If".

Every scripture is written down by people like you and me; obviously someone on the way decided to call Absolute "It" probably because he/she never met the Absolute and it's better safe then sorry. Just think if actually the Supreme God is in fact "He or She" then what? :popcorn:
Isha
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 30 Jan 2012, 22:55

Isha wrote:
Buddhism wrote:Just firgure it out with your common sense;
as mentioned in all the earlier posts, Absolute "it is without any form or appearance[color=#800000];[color=#800000]The Alaya vijnana does not fit in our usual daily relativity "
So nobody has to decide the "If".

Every scripture is written down by people like you and me; obviously someone on the way decided to call Absolute "It" probably because he/she never met the Absolute and it's better safe then sorry. Just think if actually the Supreme God is in fact "He or She" then what? :popcorn:

The alayavijnana aint god tho (just pointing this out)
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Buddhism » 09 Feb 2012, 01:04

adikarmika wrote:
buddhism wrote:The true reality could be called as "true suchness 真如," "truth mind 真心," 本際, 非心心, etc.

That's as may be ... but it would hardly make sense to replace "tathāgatagarbha" in "sarvasattvāstathāgatagarbhāḥ" with any of those terms.
Sarvasattvāḥ is in the nomative case, so sarvasattvāstathāgatagarbhāḥ means "all beings are tathāgata embryos".If you want to say that tathāgatagarbha is something that each sentient being has then sarvasattva would be in the genitive case (sarvasattvānām). But it isn't.

This statement is correct and important.
All beings are tathāgata embryos respectively, which will substantiate every individual to attain the ultimate Buddhahood eventually 如來藏中藏如來. Please do not fit it into our daily speculations.

In terms of Buddhism, the true equality refers to the essence of tathāgata, which exists independently, ultimate profound and unceasing; everyone (tathāgata) is unique, either this physical body is alive or not. As it exists ultimately profound and independently, logically, it will not be merged or dissolved into other entity in any case. When a practitioner finally gets enlightened or passes away, he/she needs not join with anything or anyone else. This state corroborates the description in the Prajñāpāramitā Sutras "neither coming nor going 不來不去", "neither increasing nor decreasing 不增不減."

This is the characteristic of Alayavijnana that permanently resides in the state of "middle way 中道." The Buddha nature is the main subject of the Prajñāpāramitā Sutras, which is beyond words and languages 心行處滅,言語道斷. That is why the Prajñāpāramitā Sutras sound so philosophical to the general public.
“It is difficult for the correct dharmas to manifest if the erroneous ones are not destroyed 若不破邪,難以顯正.” Bodhisattva Xuanzang (玄奘菩薩) stated in the past.
Buddhism
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
133 Recognized(s)

Postby Buddhism » 13 Feb 2012, 00:10

Buddhism wrote:The Buddha pointed out that there is eternity in every sentient being, and everyone would be able to uncover it after proper cultivations, and everyone had better be mindful and stay away from the unceasing cycle of births and deaths. In fact, all Buddhist Chan practitioners have been dedicating whole their lives trying to contemplate the cause of “troublemaker” with a view to getting enlightened.

Since childhood we were trained to learn more and gain more in life, we have to survive (學生) in this world. In terms of Buddhism, the teachings are focused on getting rid of the worldly belongings and self-attachment, as everyone innately possesses the pure nirvana with oneself; as long as the defilement of ignorance has been removed, the state of nirvana (Alaya vijnana) will prevail...So Buddhist cultivation is not seeking for the outer phenomena but to have a correct concept of prajna wisdom.
Glossary:
Ignorance: Being unaware of the existence and contents of the true reality
Prajna: The Buddhist wisdom arising from the realization of the true mind, Tathagatagarbha, the wisdom about the natures and functions of Tathagatagarbha

The Buddha nature (Alayavijnana) inherently exists and is not acquired from outside; yet without the prajna (trans-mundane wisdom) cultivation, observation and Chan contemplation, one is not able to realize and recognize it. That is to say, the Buddha nature is not obtained via cultivation, nor is it without cultivation; neither gaining nor non-gaining. This is the middle way nature of the Alayanan vijnana; so the “middle way” view does not refer to the decision made by our perceptive mind.

Its middle way nature fits the worldly phenomenal manifestation in accordance with every sentient being's own seeds of deeds. We can see all sorts of different characters even in siblings; everyone's store vijnana just faithfully collects eveyone's seeds of deeds throughout every life regardless they are good karmas or bad. The Buddha nature (nirvana) does not possess conceptual judgement. For a Mahayana Buddhist practitioner, his/her deed, speech and thought in daily life are of vital importance, because these will determine whether his/her path of cultivation is successful; this is also called the cultivation of the auxiliary dharma 次法. The Buddha dharma is similar to that of a spiderweb, everything in live is interlinked.
“It is difficult for the correct dharmas to manifest if the erroneous ones are not destroyed 若不破邪,難以顯正.” Bodhisattva Xuanzang (玄奘菩薩) stated in the past.
Buddhism

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)
133 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 13 Feb 2012, 09:48

Buddhism wrote:.

Is it normal for Buddhism followers (e.g. monks and other strict followers who are looking for enlightenment) to be involving in worldly things as writing forumosa posts and surfing net at midnight?
Isha

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 13 Feb 2012, 10:26

Isha wrote:

Is it normal for Buddhism followers (e.g. monks and other strict followers who are looking for enlightenment) to be involving in worldly things as writing forumosa posts and surfing net at midnight?

Actually yes.

Many monks I know have Iphones, Ipods, etc
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 13 Feb 2012, 13:41

Confuzius wrote:
Isha wrote:

Actually yes.

With that, how good is the enlightenment practice goes?
Isha

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 13 Feb 2012, 15:09

Isha wrote:
Confuzius wrote:
Isha wrote:

Actually yes.

With that, how good is the enlightenment practice goes?

Having technology doesn't necessarily hinder one becoming enlightened. Quite the opositte actually. The entire Buddhist canon is on Android, Mac, PC, etc, so if you have a tablet or smart phone you can access it all on the go!

You can also use these devices to communicate with people, spread the dharma, etc, which is all part of trying to become a bodhisattva. I am sure Buddhism (the poster here) is trying to do just that here on forumosa.com, even if we may think his opinions are sometimes totally whack.
Confuzius

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Isha » 13 Feb 2012, 21:11

Confuzius wrote:Having technology doesn't necessarily hinder one becoming enlightened. Quite the opositte actually. The entire Buddhist canon is on Android, Mac, PC, etc, so if you have a tablet or smart phone you can access it all on the go!

You can also use these devices to communicate with people, spread the dharma, etc, which is all part of trying to become a bodhisattva. I am sure Buddhism (the poster here) is trying to do just that here on forumosa.com, even if we may think his opinions are sometimes totally whack.

We got to start a new thread or possibly rename Buddhism religion as modern age religion :).

Considering electronics as every bit of an addiction as anything else, how does the detachment practice works? I am really curious about these changes; these changes make me feel like I am 100(0) years old.
Isha

22 Recommends(s)
7 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 13 Feb 2012, 21:32

Isha wrote:
Confuzius wrote:Having technology doesn't necessarily hinder one becoming enlightened. Quite the opositte actually. The entire Buddhist canon is on Android, Mac, PC, etc, so if you have a tablet or smart phone you can access it all on the go!

We got to start a new thread or possibly rename Buddhism religion as modern age religion :).

Considering electronics as every bit of an addiction as anything else, how does the detachment practice works? I am really curious about these changes; these changes make me feel like I am 100(0) years old.

Anything can be addictive; drugs, food, sex, study, technology.

I assume it works just like anything else; with constant mindfulness.
Confuzius

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Religion & Spirituality