Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Grow a Buddha

Re: Grow a Buddha

Postby Confuzius » 12 Dec 2011, 21:30

sam_wong wrote:
Confuzius wrote:I've seen these in the US, in places like Spencer Gifts and Hot Topics

And its actually NOT Buddha...not Sakyamuni at least, its Maitreya/Milefo 彌勒佛...though google image Maitreya, nothing hardly comes up, google image "fat buddha" and a ton come up.

Fate dude=not Sakyamuni Buddha...

Of course Milefo 彌勒佛 is Buddha.
佛 is Buddha in Chinese.
Next you say 白馬非馬.

Look at my post a little closer....

Confuzius wrote:And its actually NOT Buddha...not Sakyamuni at least

and here:
Confuzius wrote: Fate dude=not Sakyamuni Buddha...

'nuff said :cool:

Just had plenty of students in my life ask me why Buddha is depicted as fat, "did he gain a bunch of weight after he abandoned the practice of starving himself?"
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 12 Dec 2011, 21:31

sam_wong wrote:
Of course Milefo 彌勒佛 is Buddha.
佛 is Buddha in Chinese.
Next you say 白馬非馬.

:bravo: :roflmao: :bravo:
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby quid_nunc » 13 Dec 2011, 20:54

sam so wong, him wight. same same as same same, no?
quid_nunc
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

24 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Religion & Spirituality