Christian teen jailed for insulting Islam

Re: Christian teen jailed for insulting Islam

Postby zender » 12 Apr 2012, 10:33

bigduke6 wrote:Lets not forget about the Christian teen who was jailed. This is a result of Islam and Islam only.

It has nothing to do with Christians, Jews, Mormons, Hari Krishnas, Hindu's etc etc. :no-no:

He seems to have been forgotten. Possibly Atheism and Religion can be discussed on a separate thread? I am sure the late Peter Hitchens would agree. :popcorn:

Good points. This has gone off topic.

Just a correction about Hitchens. Peter is still alive; it was his older brother, Christopher, who recently died. The brothers did a few debates; one of them is on Youtube and is worth watching.
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

82 Recommends(s)
110 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 12 Apr 2012, 17:22

Mod, you should split this thread (in fact it should have been done a while back).

My post was in opposition to the guy jailed. To show some support for him.

Now it has turned into a debate about "immortal souls" and other jiggerypokery. :no-no:

This has zero relevance to the topic.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody
fucks with the Jesus.

Mr.Lahey: The shitabyss!
Randy: Mr. Lahey, not another night of the shitabyss, please?!
Mr.Lahey: Ah, fuck it.

If you talk to god, you're religious. If god talks to you, you're psychotic.
Gregory House

I got me a dog and named her Mybitchniggaeater.
2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 12 Apr 2012, 22:21

I still cannot believe the rubbish this thread has turned into. It is ending up as a pissing match between the moderator and Confuzious, and has still not been split. I would like to know the reasons why Mr Mod, as even you cannot deny this is not off topic.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby Fortigurn » 12 Apr 2012, 22:23

bigduke6 wrote:I still cannot believe the rubbish this thread has turned into. It is ending up as a pissing match between the moderator and Confuzious, and has still not been split. I would like to know the reasons why Mr Mod, as even you cannot deny this is not off topic.

Ironic that you posted this after the thread split.
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 13 Apr 2012, 07:43

Many thanks, although still a lot of nonsense on this thread.
The thread should have been split long before I asked it to be.

I would think first priority is to moderate, and then you can get into handbags at 10 paces with Fortigurn.
That's ironic.

This is exactly the reason why I think moderators should not discuss the topic they are moderating. Actual let me amend that. Moderators should only comment when they have no bias, otherwise moderation takes second place as it did here.
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

Postby Fortigurn » 13 Apr 2012, 08:01

bigduke6 wrote:The thread should have been split long before I asked it to be.

I split it when I thought the thread needed to be split, and when was able to. When I'm at work, most of the moderator tools don't even work, due to restrictions on my browser, so sometimes I can't get around to actions I want to take, as fast as I would like to.

This is exactly the reason why I think moderators should not discuss the topic they are moderating. Actual let me amend that. Moderators should only comment when they have no bias, otherwise moderation takes second place as it did here.

Moderation did not take second place here. Sometimes moderators are going to differ with you about when the thread needs to be split, and sometimes they're not going to be able to split the thread as fast as they would like. You will have to get used to this. If you have a problem with my actions here, report me to the other moderators.

In the meantime, if you believe there are additional posts here which you don't want to see, let me know what they are and I'll make them go away.
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn

13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 13 Apr 2012, 13:47

Now maybe we should split the last few posts into another thread about the need for splitting threads.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Taiwan_Student » 05 Dec 2013, 18:38

I'm scared of Islam. Because well, I've been witness to the aftermath of a Jew/Arab Stabbing and the building I used to work at is no more. But here is something scary I heard on a talk show. One well know talk show host was talking to an orthodox person from New York. The host brought out how tolerant the Jewish religion evolved to be. The caller said that the stonings are not taking place because you need a court of a certain number to prosecute such "crimes" and that court can't commence until the temple is rebuilt. But after it is, they will prosecute such crimes... And commence stoning.

Don't stone me.. I only reported what I heard. I was washing the dishes and stood froze stone cold while this conversation was taking place.I could not believe my ears. I don't think the host caught on or wanted to admit it. So.. maybe we or they.. have not advanced much and are held back due to the fortunate thing of being in exile.
Taiwan_Student

23 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby bigduke6 » 06 Dec 2013, 12:59

Anyone who advocates stoning is a nut job.
No matter what their religion.

No temple will ever be rebuilt so the nutjob should stone himselfg
fucks with the Jesus.

Gregory House

2Pac
Forumosan avatar
bigduke6

ORIGINAL POSTER
72 Recommends(s)
132 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Religion & Spirituality