Liberal or Modern American/Bilingual Church

Liberal or Modern American/Bilingual Church

Postby stephlee » 14 Jun 2012, 23:23

Does anyone know of any liberal Christian churches that have English sessions? I live near Shi-Da and Tai-Da and would have thought there would be some for college-aged students, but so far, more seem to be rather traditional.
stephlee
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
In Taiwan since: 22 May 2012

Re: Liberal or Modern American/Bilingual Church

Postby marasan » 15 Jun 2012, 09:51

The church I go to might be what you're looking for. The pastor's from the US and he's black (with a little Indian mixed in). His wife is Taiwanese and she translates his sermons into Mandarin. A good non-denominational church with lots of good music. It's a small place, though. In case you're interested, here's a link:
http://www.ccc-asia.net/
Please PM me or reply here with contact info if you want me to meet you nearby and walk you to the church (I tried to PM you but wasn't successful for some reason so maybe providing contact info might be better).
marasan
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

20 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby Zla'od » 21 Jun 2012, 10:43

English-speaking Episcopalian congregation in Shilin:

http://www.goodshepherd.com.tw/english/
“If a bodhisattva resides as a householder and there appears a woman who is clearly unbound to anyone, habituated to sexual indulgence, attracted to the bodhisattva and seeking sexual activities, the bodhisattva having seen this thinks, 'Do not make her mind upset, producing much misfortune. If she pursues her desire, she will obtain freedom. As expedient means [upaya] I will take her in and have her plant the roots for virtue, also having her abandon unwholesome karma. I will engage in impure activities [abrahma-carya] with a compassionate mind.' Even practising such defiled activities like this, there is nothing that is violated [precepts], and much merit will be produced." -- from the Yogācārabhūmi Śāstra

For even more saucy Buddhist scripture, see http://sdhammika.blogspot.tw/2010/08/st ... m-all.html
Zla'od
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

76 Recognized(s)

Postby sulavaca » 21 Jun 2012, 10:45

stephlee wrote:Does anyone know of any liberal Christian churches

Sorry. I just had to laugh at that one. :lol:
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Religion & Spirituality