Click here to go to our new forums at http://tw.forumosa.com
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

EWCP

Re: EWCP

Postby Zla'od » 06 Aug 2014, 15:09

Read the website. It's very detailed.
“What part of a woman is the yet, anyway? I heard there was a fight here in Tulsa, and a woman was shot in the fracas. The doc said the bullet is in her yet. And how did the bullet get in her yet, when she was shot in the fracas?"
Zla'od
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

Postby limoncello » 06 Aug 2014, 17:24

jesus80, if you read the blog in question and check out "Animal Abuse" and the blog post with a title that is something like, "Dogs Locked in Cages for Months...", you will find what I am talking about.
limoncello
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby jesus80 » 06 Aug 2014, 17:26

OK, I´ll do it tonight. Honestly, New Age shitheads and animal abuse sound like incompatible things, but who knows...
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby limoncello » 06 Aug 2014, 17:31

jesus80 wrote:OK, I´ll do it tonight. Honestly, New Age shitheads and animal abuse sound like incompatible things, but who knows...

You would think. But so few things shock me anymore. From my understanding of the blog, the members who are trusted enough to handle the dogs (with gloves and surgical masks and no affection or sound whatsoever) are also so indoctrinated that while, on one level, they are new agey types, on the other they trust Master Wang's gobbledygook so much that they do things that, in a rational state of mind, they would not have dreamed of doing. Mind control is a real thing, and it can happen.
limoncello

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby jesus80 » 06 Aug 2014, 17:45

I always wanted to have my own cult and followers. Man, how many things I could do then!
jesus80
"Drinks for the House!"

Postby HappyInTaiwan » 07 Aug 2014, 11:47

Dear Forumosans,

I'm the ex-husband of the main person whom I suspect is now attacking the EWCP and Master Wang, or Shang Rinpoche, though this is unverifiable as they have all chosen to remain completely anonymous. This woman, who pleaded with me never to say anything bad about her when we divorced after over a decade together is now attacking everything that is dear to me, and so I want to shed some light on things. The events described on the blog and in the posts of limoncello are not as she and those she is working with on this smear campaign paint them to be. Anyone can take an experience and twist it to suit their needs.

For my part, I know that my ex has a serious axe to grind and is obsessed with her experience in Taiwan. She spent months trying to drag my family into it when she went back to Canada. She wanted my parents to help get me kicked out of Taiwan, and told my family she wanted them to help raise the money to hire this Joe Szimhart character to deprogram me. Joe's activities were mentioned in a previous post by Shiva the Destroyer (repasted below).

Shiva the Destroyer wrote:Wow!! Has anyone looked into the guy that limoncello keeps referencing? Joe Simzhart was part of a group called CultAware back in the early 90’s. Apparently he was going around in Australia and charging large sums of money to kidnap, abuse and deprogram members of different religious groups, trying to get them to denounce faith in their religions. Is the reason that the EWCP is not responding to all this because they’ve all been kidnapped? http://info_3.tripod.com/cultaware_unzipped/intro.html

After being harassed by her to the point of nervous breakdown, my family told her she was crazy and that they'd draw their own conclusions. I spent all of last summer with them assuring them that I'm safe and sound in Taiwan, and "the same old" me, of which they will now attest to anyone. I am me, a spiritual dude who has been dabbling in eastern culture since my teens. Bla bla bla. Long story short, I wrote her a letter last summer which it seems convinced her that I was lost for good (I basically told her to get away from my family and leave me alone to live my life, and furthermore to get on with her own), at which point she, and, I strongly suspect, another disgruntled, messed-up couple whom have similar opinions and issues, seem to have turned their energies towards harming the East West Culture Project and Shang Rinpoche through the Blog that they helped create and this Forumosa thread. My family told me that when they refused to help her, she went to China, raised the money herself to hire this Joe bloke and voila! The smear campaign began.

My message to her: marriages fail every day for no other reason than that people grow apart. Let go, move on, stop trying to hurt these people who are like family to me.

I've been studying with Shang Rinpoche for more than 11 years. Somewhere along the line, the name East West Culture Project was created to give a name to the cultural exchange efforts that his numerous international students in Taipei have undertaken. I myself teach much of the qigong and meditation, as well as classes on the way of tea and do translation.

In defence of Rinpoche, I'd like to say that he went to all lengths to help my ex to grow spiritually and to face her fears. She has many issues from childhood which haunted her throughout our relationship, and made it virtually impossible for her to trust anyone, especially groups or authority figures. If anyone has questions about Rinpoche's credentials in the world of Buddhism, East West Culture Project is in the process of updating the online website database and links will be made available through our Facebook page once the new website is up.

I'm also the one in the international group most involved in taking care of the dogs. I help supervise their daily grooming, watch them run around, buy their food, vitamin supplements, chew toys and medicine, and have taken a few trips to the vet with them whenever they're out of sorts. I've also watched many of them get placed into loving homes, and helped with the group's broader efforts to assist street dogs and cats as well. We've literally helped hundreds of stray dogs and cats to get medical attention and to leave unfortunate circumstances in the last few months alone. I've never harmed a single one of the dogs, and neither has anyone else. I've raised dogs my whole life and these are happy dogs. Accounts of animal abuse are totally unfounded.

We sincerely regret any worry or concern that may have been created by the lack of adequate and timely information.

If you have any questions please address them to:

eastwestcultureproject@gmail.com
HappyInTaiwan
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 07 Aug 2014, 12:02

I feel so lame being someone who simply works, wanks and gets boozed on the weekend.
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

Postby Ermintrude » 07 Aug 2014, 12:16

Nothing lame about not having to study Buddhism to be happy, deuce.

In defence of Rinpoche, I'd like to say that he went to all lengths to help my ex to grow spiritually and to face her fears. She has many issues from childhood which haunted her throughout our relationship, and made it virtually impossible for her to trust anyone, especially groups or authority figures.

From a woman's pov, that's hardly a 'defence': it makes you and he sound incredibly condescending and superior when actually you are the ones that can't function properly without meditation and qigong, etc. :lol:

It sounds fcking awful to me: expat boyscouts -- but who needs protection from that? Maybe all just step away from the internet a bit.

Is limoncello your ex? If so, sweetie, just drop it and move on. Just frame it that you dodged a bullet, and just be grateful for that.
'And we'll hide from the cunts, on our night reconnaissance'.
Ermintrude
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

Postby limoncello » 07 Aug 2014, 12:48

I'm not this guy's ex. Wrong equipment for my taste. Also, I am currently married and never divorced.

I know there is no way you can verify this for sure, as I too am behind an avatar. (I'm not a smurf - some people might know me from other corners of the expatriate world, but this is the only ID I use on Forumosa. In that way, I am genuine). However, if you think I may be lying, and that is your right, remember, this guy could also be lying.

But the best I can do is swear that I'm not behind this blog, but I am very interested in it. I think I know some of the people this person is talking about. Some are my friends. They don't know each other, or don't communicate anymore, but all tell similar stories.

Guess who I believe? My friends. Not this guy.

In defence of Rinpoche, I'd like to say that he went to all lengths to help my ex to grow spiritually and to face her fears. She has many issues from childhood which haunted her throughout our relationship, and made it virtually impossible for her to trust anyone, especially groups or authority figures. If anyone has questions about Rinpoche's credentials in the world of Buddhism, East West Culture Project is in the process of updating the online website database and links will be made available through our Facebook page once the new website is up.

Perhaps it is understandable that your ex wasn't helped by Rinpoche's "vast wisdom". If his idea of "wisdom" is "Buddhism, global warming, ultracentrifuges, and now we need the Sun, so Buddhism, and that's my answer if you ask me about my lineage", then I would not be moved either.

I still notice that nobody has stepped forward to verify Master Wang's credentials by some mediating or outside Buddhist authority. And I feel that if the blog were the product of one angry psycho, then a body like the I.C.S.A. probably would not be interested in the group she left. And that calling multiple people who unhappily left your organization mentally unstable, in a long rant that makes you look a bit unstable and more than a little condescending, is probably not the best way to convince people that your organization is on the level.
limoncello

{ AUTHOR_TOPIC }

Postby Rotalsnart » 07 Aug 2014, 15:40

HappyInTaiwan wrote:She has many issues from childhood which haunted her throughout our relationship, and made it virtually impossible for her to trust anyone, especially groups or authority figures.

It sounds like these "issues" have served her pretty well insofar as they've enabled her to exercise her own judgment about EWCP and avoid falling prey to arbitrary authority figures and the groups that support them.

HappyInTaiwan wrote:If anyone has questions about Rinpoche's credentials in the world of Buddhism, East West Culture Project is in the process of updating the online website database and links will be made available through our Facebook page once the new website is up.

Feel free to post his specific credentials, if he has any, here.
Rotalsnart
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality