Evolution

Evolution

Postby Dr. McCoy » 10 Mar 2009, 13:51

You can download an mov file at this link.
http://onegoodmovemedia.org/movies/0903/RDOK.mov
Richard Dawkins spoke at my alma mater, and the state legislature had a motion to condem it. They are also the most McCain state in the union, which may just be a coincidence.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
146 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Re: Evolution

Postby Chris » 10 Mar 2009, 17:32

Dawkins rocks!! :notworthy:

And I used to think Ben Stein was intelligent... :doh:
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

82 Recommends(s)
175 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 10 Mar 2009, 17:42

Mr. McCoy,
I get the following when I click on your link.
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /movies/0903/RDOK.mov on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yep, Darwin rocks. He was my childhood hero and still tops my list today. The good thing about him - unlike a lot of other great men of history - was that he was a very nice chap. Not bad coming up with ideas that changed the world and still managing to be a devoted husband and doting father.
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

22 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby Buttercup » 10 Mar 2009, 17:55

almas john wrote: Not bad coming up with ideas that changed the world and still managing to be a devoted husband and doting father.

Didn't he have an illegitimate child he refused to acknowledge?
'Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof'

Before you lovingly craft your PM, make like any writer and consider your audience. With all the information at your disposal, is there any possibility that the recipient will open it? Would your time be better employed?
Buttercup
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

8 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 10 Mar 2009, 18:01

Buttercup wrote:
almas john wrote: Not bad coming up with ideas that changed the world and still managing to be a devoted husband and doting father.

Didn't he have an illegitimate child he refused to acknowledge?

Not as far as I know, although I must admit my knowledge of Darwin is not as complete as my knowledge of ESL despair in Taiwan. You haven't been surfing creationist websites, have you?
almas john

22 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 10 Mar 2009, 18:10

almas john wrote:Mr. McCoy,
I get the following when I click on your link.
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /movies/0903/RDOK.mov on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Yep, Darwin rocks. He was my childhood hero and still tops my list today. The good thing about him - unlike a lot of other great men of history - was that he was a very nice chap. Not bad coming up with ideas that changed the world and still managing to be a devoted husband and doting father.

Sorry. You have to right-click it and save it to your disk first.
You can watch it at this link.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
146 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby Thelonlieste » 10 Mar 2009, 18:16

Yeah Darwin "rocks". My only complaint: he was too much the good Christian to publish his theory earlier, having to be prompted into action by Wallace's work. And he needed people like Thomas Huxley to take his case to the scientific establishment.

And Darwin did bonk his cousin to produce feeble offspring, so let us just say he was great "theorist".

Dawkins? Hmmm. He never seems to get any further than pointing out that the Bible isn't historically accurate, or morally consistent. He uses the language of rationality, in a very hostile way, to berate irrational people. Many Christians think that Dawkins = science = hate. In the grand scheme of things I am not sure he's a good ambassador for science.
Thelonlieste
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby Dr. McCoy » 10 Mar 2009, 18:25

Thelonlieste wrote:Yeah Darwin "rocks". My only complaint: he was too much the good Christian to publish his theory earlier, having to be prompted into action by Wallace's work. And he needed people like Thomas Huxley to take his case to the scientific establishment.

And Darwin did bonk his cousin to produce feeble offspring, so let us just say he was great "theorist".

Dawkins? Hmmm. He never seems to get any further than pointing out that the Bible isn't historically accurate, or morally consistent. He uses the language of rationality, in a very hostile way, to berate irrational people. Many Christians think that Dawkins = science = hate. In the grand scheme of things I am not sure he's a good ambassador for science.

He's just fighting fire with fire. It's about time.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

ORIGINAL POSTER
146 Recommends(s)
94 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 10 Mar 2009, 18:26

He's not being an ambassador for science, he's being an anti-religionist, who just also happens to be a scientist.

You don't stop buying milk just because your milkman supports Manchester City and you're a United fan.

Anyway, all that evolution malarkey is just another left-wing theory, like global 'warming'. No-one's ever proved it, have they? if it was right, it would be a law, like the law of conservation of momentum.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

189 Recommends(s)
243 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 10 Mar 2009, 18:46

urodacus wrote:You don't stop buying milk just because your milkman supports Manchester City and you're a United fan.

Hmmpf. You're obviously not much of a fan of Man. :raspberry:

Being a fan doesn't mean you kinda like somethin' . . .

Fan = FANATIC!
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

79 Recommends(s)
109 Recognized(s)

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality