Test your New Testament knowledge

Re: Test your New Testament knowledge

Postby zender » 26 May 2011, 20:07

I like those five legged guardians.

Hey, I added a question to my last post. I'm guessin' it's easy for you.
zender
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

82 Recommends(s)
110 Recognized(s)

Postby Fortigurn » 26 May 2011, 20:14

zender wrote:OK. Which of the following is from the New Testament:

A: Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
B: And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as of lions.
C:And Ehud put forth his left hand, and took the dagger from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly: And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly; and the dirt came out.
D: In those days as well as later when the sons of the gods had intercourse with the daughters of mortals and children were born to them, the Nephilim were on the earth; they were the heroes of old, people of renown.

Yeah, that is a bit easy; the answer is B (it's the woe of the 5th trumpet in Revelation chapter 9); A is from 1 Kings (one of Elijah's most famous smitings), C is from Judges (Ehud's assassination of Eglon king of Moab), and D is from Genesis 6 (the introduction of the flood narrative).
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 26 May 2011, 20:22

OK
Of the 27 books in the New Testament, which is the longest?
A: Matthew
B: Mark
C: Acts
D: Romans

Paul says that nature teaches that a man should have short hair and a woman long hair in his letter to ___________________.
A. The Corinthians
B. The Galatians
C. The Ephesians
D. The Philippians
zender

82 Recommends(s)
110 Recognized(s)

Postby Fortigurn » 26 May 2011, 20:40

zender wrote:OK
Of the 27 books in the New Testament, which is the longest?
A: Matthew
B: Mark
C: Acts
D: Romans

In terms of chapters, or actual text? Matthew and Acts have 28 chapters, Mark and Romans have 16.
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby zender » 29 May 2011, 23:11

Total text I guess, King James version(?) I think. I read it was Acts that was longest. :oops:

Which of the following raised-from-the-dead people, was not raised from the dead in the New Testament?
A. Dorcus
B. Eutychus
C. Jairus' daughter
D. Shunamite's son
zender

82 Recommends(s)
110 Recognized(s)

Postby Fortigurn » 30 May 2011, 00:44

zender wrote:Total text I guess, King James version(?) I think. I read it was Acts that was longest. :oops:

It had to be either Matthew or Acts (both 28 chapters long), and I would guess Acts in either English or Greek.

Which of the following raised-from-the-dead people, was not raised form the dead in the New Testament?
A. Dorcus
B. Eutychus
C. Jairus' daughter
D. Shunamite's son

Another easy one; D, the Shunamite's woman was raised by Elijah. Dorcas was raised by Peter in Acts, Eutychus was raised by Paul in Acts (after he famously fell asleep and toppled out of a window due to Paul speaking at length), and Jairus' daughter was raised by Jesus in the gospels (can't remember which, but at least in Mark).
Hiking gear.
Forumosan avatar
Fortigurn

ORIGINAL POSTER
13 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 30 May 2011, 00:51

Interesting. How many people did Jesus raise from the dead in the gospels? I only remember Lazarus.
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby heimuoshu » 30 May 2011, 00:57

Dragonbones wrote:Interesting. How many people did Jesus raise from the dead in the gospels? I only remember Lazarus.

See Fortigurn's response to Zender's Q7.
heimuoshu
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

6 Recommends(s)
24 Recognized(s)

Postby Dragonbones » 30 May 2011, 01:05

Oh, thanks -- I hadn't had time to read the whole thread yet. :oops:
Now selling homestyle baked goods (cookies, brownies, baklava, pies, sourdough bread, whole-wheat sourdough bagels and cakes) made with many organic, fair-trade and/or local pesticide-free ingredients. Visit https://www.facebook.com/segoviaskitchen‎ or http://www.taiwanease.com/en/forums/pos ... tml#p92536 for info.
Forumosan avatar
Dragonbones
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

38 Recommends(s)
98 Recognized(s)

Postby Fox » 30 May 2011, 01:12

Who said as God as my witness if you say that one more friggin' time I'm going to crown you?
"When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her." Wilde

"I don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins. It's all a mystery." Flaming Lips

"a man's position here is not ruled so much by what he can earn as by what he can owe and still remain at large." Letters of a Shanghai Griffin

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin

The American oligarchy spares no pains in promoting the belief that it does not exist, but the success of its disappearing act depends on equally strenuous efforts on the part of an American public anxious to believe in egalitarian fictions and unwilling to see what is hidden in plain sight.
redbubble
http://www.planetediting.com
Forumosan avatar
Fox
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

59 Recommends(s)
78 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Religion & Spirituality