Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Single Certficate / to all german people in here

Willkommen im deutschen Forum!

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
Willkommen im deutschen Forum, ein Austausch und Diskussionsforum für Deutsche in Taiwan.
This is a forum for all German speakers. Only the German language is permitted in posts here.

Single Certficate / to all german people in here

Postby MoTi » 18 May 2006, 20:10

I guess my question has been discussed many times before, but my inquiry is a bit special and has to do with german burocracity ...

The German Marriage-Office (Standesamt) require a special paper to proof that me and my taiwanese fiancee are single. For me no problem, but she has to legalise, translate and stamped her 2 documents. Send them here, pay money to apply, get this special paper called "Ehef
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Newspaper Copyeditor (bàoshè biānjí)
Posts: 440
Joined: 15 May 2006, 03:00

Postby rice_t » 18 May 2006, 21:20

I am confused...
Impeach Jason Hu!
User avatar
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Posts: 752
Joined: 15 Apr 2004, 19:19
Location: Tunghai Villa Resort

Postby hm » 29 May 2006, 18:36

Not sure if this is not too late for you but for me things were rather simple. I (German) married my wife (Taiwanese) here 11.5 years ago in a court ceremony. All I had to show was a certificate that I was not married in Germany and free to marry here. The document, which was in German, was translated here in Taiwan by an officially licensed and recognized translation office. Following the ceremony and on our way out we immediately received wedding certificates in Chinese and English. With the wedding certificates I went to the German Trade Office (now the German Institute) and asked to register our marriage also in Germany. A few weeks later I received a letter from an office in Berlin (sorry, forgot the name, kind of "Ueberstandesamt" - all marriages in Germany are registered there) confirming our marriage and family name. It was very simple, but I don't know if the law, either in Germany or in Taiwan, has changed since then in this regard.
User avatar
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)
Posts: 70
Joined: 14 Apr 2004, 13:10
Location: Taipei County

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Diskussion auf Deutsch

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests