Basket?

Taiwan is a cyclist's paradise, and here's the place to share your experiences, questions, and pictures!

Re: Basket?

Postby sunberry » 14 Jun 2012, 22:48

adrian wrote:You have front and rear racks? Easy - gank a 7-11 milk crate (or the gray shopping basket!!) and some bungees.

Or this

Wow the idea in the image is pretty good, although I won't be able to carry much. My dad said I wouldn't be able to use panniers because the structure of the upper part of my bike is slanted, and that the rear rack wasn't going to be able to hold much. I think I'll look at the baskets sold in the Giant store nearby this weekend, and maybe check Carrefour too.
sunberry
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recommends(s)

Postby Icon » 15 Jun 2012, 09:52

One of my neighbors carries her medium sized dog in a laundry basked, attached with wires to the back rack. But her dog is very tame and obedient, not a bundle like mine. Yet, the idea for shopping I think is harder to implement, as it may wobble. Did I mention the time I was run over by a taxi while carrying my groceries on a bike?
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

599 Recommends(s)
474 Recognized(s)

Postby sunberry » 15 Jun 2012, 15:26

Icon wrote:One of my neighbors carries her medium sized dog in a laundry basked, attached with wires to the back rack. But her dog is very tame and obedient, not a bundle like mine. Yet, the idea for shopping I think is harder to implement, as it may wobble. Did I mention the time I was run over by a taxi while carrying my groceries on a bike?

Ahh, I am really careful on the road, and my house is really somewhere that has everything nearby, it's just that I don't really like carrying a humongous watermelon in a backpack :D (yes, I actually did that)
sunberry

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recommends(s)

Postby Icon » 15 Jun 2012, 16:02

sunberry wrote:
Icon wrote:One of my neighbors carries her medium sized dog in a laundry basked, attached with wires to the back rack. But her dog is very tame and obedient, not a bundle like mine. Yet, the idea for shopping I think is harder to implement, as it may wobble. Did I mention the time I was run over by a taxi while carrying my groceries on a bike?

Ahh, I am really careful on the road, and my house is really somewhere that has everything nearby, it's just that I don't really like carrying a humongous watermelon in a backpack :D (yes, I actually did that)

:roflmao: I've opted for the local look: one of those carts with wheels, floral cloth covered and with the tri-wheel system that can "climb" steps. :lol:

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

599 Recommends(s)
474 Recognized(s)

Postby sunberry » 15 Jun 2012, 19:23

Okay so I got one of the plastic ones from a small bike repair shop. It was a bit more expensive than the metal ones since they don't rust. It actually doesn't look bad. Bought fo 350 NT (the metal was 250), and the laoban installed it for me and did some minor adjustments on my bike for free (pumping air in tires, adding a cap to one of the loose wires, tucking it in and taping it with a piece of black duct tape, etc)
sunberry

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recommends(s)

Postby Icon » 16 Jun 2012, 00:57

sunberry wrote:Okay so I got one of the plastic ones from a small bike repair shop. It was a bit more expensive than the metal ones since they don't rust. It actually doesn't look bad. Bought fo 350 NT (the metal was 250), and the laoban installed it for me and did some minor adjustments on my bike for free (pumping air in tires, adding a cap to one of the loose wires, tucking it in and taping it with a piece of black duct tape, etc)

Pictures?

Forumosan avatar
Icon
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

599 Recommends(s)
474 Recognized(s)

Previous

Return to Cycling