Bike rack on motorcycle

Taiwan is a cyclist's paradise, and here's the place to share your experiences, questions, and pictures!

Bike rack on motorcycle

Postby Ktownboy » 04 Feb 2012, 22:44

Has anyone tried carrying their bike on a motorbike?

Image[/url][/img]

Image[/url][/img]

Image[/url][/img]

Image[/url][/img]
When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race.
~H.G. Wells

http://pedallingmadlybackwards.blogspot.com/

This post was recommended by Got To Be Kidding (12 Feb 2012, 21:37)
Rating: 4%
Ktownboy
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Bike rack on motorcycle

Postby Steviebike » 05 Feb 2012, 13:13

I've seen solutions before, I love the concept, it would be great in Taiwan. Will post it on my website and see if I get any replies there.

Trying to figure which would be best, back mounted or side?
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 12 Feb 2012, 21:13

Got a reply from someone.

You can buy.

http://2x2cycles.com/products/bicycle-rack/
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby jaame » 19 Feb 2012, 10:07

I made a thread about this a while back. Me and Pommes King are going to try to make it this year.

I think the best option is to do the one like the red vespa has pn the side. You get roof rack mount cycle carrier and fabricate some roofbar-esque bars that stick out at the side of your bike. Mount the bicycle backwards, handlebar behind your back to minimise the width...
jaame
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Cycling