Online bike stores?

Taiwan is a cyclist's paradise, and here's the place to share your experiences, questions, and pictures!

Online bike stores?

Postby monokuro » 23 Jun 2012, 06:56

Assuming this is supposed to go here :)

Anyone know any good online bike stores? I want to have a browse of what's available to buy for when I get back :)

Been trawling through Yahoo Auctions, but it would be nice if there was a site with it just all there.

Some place that stocks most of the GIANT range would be great!

ta muchly!
monokuro
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

ORIGINAL POSTER
6 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Re: Online bike stores?

Postby adrian » 25 Jun 2012, 17:33

Hey! I heard Giant has the full Giant line. http://www.giantcyclingworld.com/web/bikes.php
adrian
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby monokuro » 25 Jun 2012, 19:51

Ha - of course I'd been to that site before :)

I assumed those prices were the RRPs though - or are those prices going to be fixed around all the stores?
monokuro

ORIGINAL POSTER
6 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby adrian » 26 Jun 2012, 16:47

Prices are pretty consistent in the stores. Look for older models for a discount.
adrian
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby PaddyB » 27 Jun 2012, 07:30

monokuro wrote:Ha - of course I'd been to that site before :)

I assumed those prices were the RRPs though - or are those prices going to be fixed around all the stores?

Giant shops generally offer 8-10% off the RRP on current model bikes. It seems to be pretty consistent from shop to shop. You might be able to get a better deal on an older model that's been sitting around for awhile. I still see plenty of older models, like 2008-2011, especially outside of Taipei City.
PaddyB
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)
High School Triad Member (gāozhōng liúmáng)

14 Recommends(s)
18 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 27 Jun 2012, 08:41

PaddyB wrote:
monokuro wrote:Ha - of course I'd been to that site before :)

Giant shops generally offer 8-10% off the RRP on current model bikes. It seems to be pretty consistent from shop to shop. You might be able to get a better deal on an older model that's been sitting around for awhile. I still see plenty of older models, like 2008-2011, especially outside of Taipei City.

Go 2nd hand I say. Taiwan, like many countries embracing cycling as part of the LOHAS bullshit, sees hordes of middle-aged men dashing out and buying fancy road bikes only for them to gather dust after a coupla excursions. You can pick up last years models in good nick for half price. (I recently got a Fuji Roubaix for 23,000, 52,000 new.)
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

26 Recommends(s)
93 Recognized(s)

Postby trubadour » 27 Jun 2012, 08:44

The discount in stores is usually 10% (or sometimes they offer accessories to the same amount). However on older bikes the discount is better - I got a 30% discount on my bike! It had been sitting in the shop for a couple of years...just waiting for me!
trubadour
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

114 Recommends(s)
15 Recognized(s)

Return to Cycling