Downhill Mountain Biking

Taiwan is a cyclist's paradise, and here's the place to share your experiences, questions, and pictures!

Re: Downhill Mountain Biking

Postby RoelC » 25 May 2012, 21:38

James, please put us (me, George, Nikoi and Moshe) in Advanced class. Thanks!
Meeting place is at the temple grounds right?
Around what time should we show up there?
RoelC
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby pommes king » 26 May 2012, 18:15

lollapalooza wrote:Guy's name is Stijn Deferm.

that record is not complete - but better stay away from that dickhead. I heard he stole some other friends girlfriend and destroys other peoples bicycles on purpose whenever he has a chance! Pretentious POS-know-it-all from what I heard...

ON TOPIC; Last thing i heard registration is between 8 and 9am. There will be 2 runs, both on a different track however. :loco: Especially one is not even a real trail - just slamming down the hill. (I guess they want to make sure their local guy wins more then giving him a chance to encounter some competition.)

Big Up for Spank rims btw - I was riding SO low pressure it felt and sounded like I was riding on the rim - yet they still look mint. (28mm)
Forumosan avatar
pommes king
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Postby pommes king » 26 May 2012, 23:46

After a nice day riding today, I don't feel like being wet for 5_6 hours s will decide tomorrow if coming over. Or not
enjoy!
Forumosan avatar
pommes king

Taoyuan Race recap + X-Ride?

Postby pommes king » 29 May 2012, 13:21

Luckily I changed my mind and did show up - after all it stayed dry all day and I got 3rd (we assume - timing was kinda loose as well)
Jaame 4th after hesitating for 48 hours whether or not he should jump the roadgap. :D
Only thing to criticize IMO is that the bottom part of the track was just straight down instead of taking one of the much nicer twisty trails instead. Thanks to Lollapolooza & co for cheering!

What about X-Ride? Will there be a DH race at all? From what i heard only XC and 4X...
Forumosan avatar
pommes king

Postby RoelC » 03 Jun 2012, 14:30

I heard X-ride would be only 4x and bmx. If that so, I'm not going. :eek:
RoelC
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

Postby pommes king » 03 Jun 2012, 15:42

RoelC wrote:I heard X-ride would be only 4x and bmx. If that so, I'm not going. :eek:

especially because it's on the VP Track which is a sad example of a good idea and great efforts went terribly wrong. It could have been so nice....
Anyway; bears-bike.com/archives/2719 for more info...
Georg send me a vid link about the Taoyan race but doesn't seem to work yet - asa it does i will put here.

Maybe we can gather in Taoyuan once and shuttle. Jaame's line is fun and there's some other trails still to be exploited as well.
Forumosan avatar
pommes king

Postby jaame » 08 Jun 2012, 23:08

OK boys, my wife's going to have the baby in the next few days. Could even be tomorrow! Yikes!

Looks like I'll be out of the loop for a while... wish me luck!

P.S. I've got a deposit down on the CR80 already!
jaame
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

Postby NiKe » 30 Jun 2012, 02:53

hello everyone. My name is nico, I live in the US, and will be living in Tainan next year. Ive been reading your posts since I found out I would be living in Taiwan. I do a lot of biking here, some DH, but moastly XC. I'd love to move more towards doing solely DH. The biking scene in Taiwan seems fantastic, not too huge, under the radar, and composed of a tight group of people. I would love to become involved.

how hard/ expensive is it to find a decent DH bike in Taiwan. I don't anticipate being able to ship it back with me so im looking for something pretty inexpensive or something I could easily sell. Also, how hard is it to access trails? I wont have a car...

Thanks! I look foward to hearing from you guys.

-nico
NiKe
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Tunica » 06 Aug 2012, 03:36

Nice! I plan to see some of you all out on the trails in the coming months since I'm moving across the pond too. Stunts built with pallets? Yikes. OK then. From the video it looks like there are a few guys over there that can really ride.
Tunica

1 Recognized(s)

Postby jaame » 26 Aug 2012, 21:14

Hi boys

My toe is still painful from that ride two weeks ago on wu zhu shan. I had it x rayed yesterday annd he said it doesn't look broken, coulld just be infected inside. Or it could be a hairline crack and it's already healed enough ffor the x ray to miss it. Either way I'll be out for a few more weeks.

I'm still keen to try out speed trap.

Also I'm in the proccess off trying to get a ddisused rice field down the back of my house to turn into a pumptrack.

Also I'm thinking about selling my ccorsair and getting a new Glory at the end of the year. Can't believe they diddn't do carbon or Zee, but maybe next year they will.
jaame

ORIGINAL POSTER
3 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Cycling