Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Iron Mike

While Taiwan is home to some fantastic martial arts traditions, newer and less traditional martial arts are also growing strong. From tai chi chuan to Brazilian jujitsu, this is the forum for fighters!

Iron Mike

Postby Toe Save » 14 Aug 2011, 13:16

Personally, I love the guy. But he can be such a train wreck too. Truly one of the most enigmatic pugilist ever. Here's some of his greatest crashes:

"I really dig Hannibal. Hannibal had real guts. He rode elephants into Cartilage."

"I guess I'm gonna fade into Bolivian."

"I can sell out Madison Square Garden masturbating."

"I have some pain I'm gonna have for the rest of my life. So every now and then I kick your f**king ass."

"Well, [contemplating suicide] goes through everyone's mind, I'm sure. And if it doesn't I really must be crazy. Everyone thinks about that because sometimes, you know what I mean, it's just tough being a ni**er and it's tough being a bad ni**er."

"I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too. I think it's un-American not to go out with a woman, not to be with a beautiful woman, not to get my dick sucked."

"All praise is to Allah, I'll fight any man, any animal, if Jesus were here I'd fight him too."

[To a female reporter] "It's no doubt I am going to win this fight and I feel confident about winning this fight. I normally don't do interviews with women unless I fornicate with them. So you shouldn't talk anymore... Unless you want to, you know."

“I want to throw down your kid and stomp on his testicles, and then you will know what it is like to experience waking up everyday as me. And only then will you feel my pain.”

"My power is discombobulatingly devastating I could feel is muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm."

"I try to catch him right on the tip of the nose, because I try to push the bone into the brain."

"One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like a infantile retard."

"I paid a worker at New York's zoo to re-open it just for me and Robin. When we got to the gorilla cage there was 1 big silverback gorilla there just bullying all the other gorillas. They were so powerful but their eyes were like an innocent infant. I offered the attendant $10,000 to open the cage and let smash that silverback's snotbox! He declined."

"He was screaming like my wife."

[To Razor Ruddock] "You're sweet. I'm going to make sure you kiss me good with those big lips. I'm gonna make you my girlfriend."

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"

"My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."

“[He] called me a ‘rapist’ and a ‘recluse.’ I’m not a recluse.”

So what do you think of Tyson? Should he fade into Bolivia and become a recluse, or keep making bizarre choices (Dancing with the Stars in South America????) to stay in the limelight?
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

ORIGINAL POSTER
55 Recommends(s)
51 Recognized(s)

Re: Iron Mike

Postby tomthorne » 14 Aug 2011, 13:24

He needs the money. It has little to do with limelight.

Sonny Liston's his hero. Tragic.
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby Deuce Dropper » 14 Aug 2011, 14:46

Mike Tyson's peak >>> any other heavyweight's peak
Forumosan avatar
Deuce Dropper
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)
Buxiban Laoban (bǔxíbān lǎobǎn)

91 Recommends(s)
447 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 14 Aug 2011, 14:52

Is boxing martial art? Tyson and martial art?
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
75 Recognized(s)

Postby Toe Save » 14 Aug 2011, 14:53

Belgian Pie wrote:Is boxing martial art? Tyson and martial art?

Oui.
Forumosan avatar
Toe Save

ORIGINAL POSTER
55 Recommends(s)
51 Recognized(s)

Postby Fox » 14 Aug 2011, 15:02

I also like Tyson and Tyson quotes:

"I'm no fucking neurosurgeon, but when white people came to Africa we had the land and they had the bible. And when they finished, they had all the land and we had the bible. So if there's a God up there, he don't like niggers."
"When liberty comes with hands dabbled in blood it is hard to shake hands with her." Wilde

"I don't know where the sun beams end and the star light begins. It's all a mystery." Flaming Lips

"a man's position here is not ruled so much by what he can earn as by what he can owe and still remain at large." Letters of a Shanghai Griffin

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." George Carlin

The American oligarchy spares no pains in promoting the belief that it does not exist, but the success of its disappearing act depends on equally strenuous efforts on the part of an American public anxious to believe in egalitarian fictions and unwilling to see what is hidden in plain sight.
redbubble
http://www.planetediting.com
Forumosan avatar
Fox
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

61 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby tomthorne » 14 Aug 2011, 15:26

Deuce Dropper wrote:Mike Tyson's peak >>> any other heavyweight's peak

QFT. 18 months or so in the late 80s he was scarily good.
tomthorne

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

Postby riggers » 05 Jun 2012, 06:41

Mike never got off the floor to win. He failed every gut check he had in his pro career. Everyone he beat Holyfield, Bowe, Lewis, Holmes, Ali, Foreman and Frazier would have beaten and others too. He had zero inside game, or rather he neglected to use one. Kevin Rooney said he would sign silent contracts with his opponents on the inside, not to hit each other. His biggest weapon was his intimidation. Once his aura was gone, he was a short fast heavyweight. His peak was good, but his opposition was average, Tucker, Bruno, Smith, Thomas, Berbick, Tubbs and Briggs were not the golden age of boxing, Vitali takes them.
riggers
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

10 Recognized(s)

Postby urodacus » 05 Jun 2012, 07:01

His clothes are always neatly pressed. Very much so.
The prizes are a bottle of f*!@#$% SCOTCH and a box of cheap f!@#$#$ CIGARS!
Forumosan avatar
urodacus
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

199 Recommends(s)
252 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Martial Arts