Northern Style Kung Fu & Tai Qi - Taichung Area

While Taiwan is home to some fantastic martial arts traditions, newer and less traditional martial arts are also growing strong. From tai chi chuan to Brazilian jujitsu, this is the forum for fighters!

Northern Style Kung Fu & Tai Qi - Taichung Area

Postby Timabee » 06 Mar 2012, 09:16

For anyone is interested in learning Northern Style Kung Fu and/or Tai Qi (or Chinese language, culture, history, & traditional medicine) there is a teacher in the Taichung area (in the mountains near Dong Shi 東勢) who would be well worth a visit (IMHO). His name is Master Tsong-Yuan Ho (何聰源老師). He lives about 1- 1/2 hour drive from Taichung, through Dong Shi (mountain roads - nuff said). He was my teacher in the U.S. prior to his return to Taiwan in 2006. My opinion is admittedly biased but I think anyone who is serious about learning the real meaning of martial arts, having a discussion about the roots of the Chinese language or learning about traditional Chinese medicine (and their own body) would benefit from talking to Master Ho. One important note: He is a traditional Chinese teacher and he is very serious about his kung fu and tai qi. If your interested in breaking bones, crushing skulls, or generally kicking people's ass - don't bother. That is not what he teaches. If your looking for the quick and easy path to mastering the marial arts - stay home. However, if your serious and sincere about learning something real - send me a PM and I can put you in touch with an American friend of mine (and student of Master Ho) who lives and trains in Taichung.
Timabee
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Re: Northern Style Kung Fu & Tai Qi - Taichung Area

Postby ninjan » 03 May 2013, 01:58

Is he still in Taiwan? We're a couple interested in serious studies of Kung Fu, Tai ji, qi gong, chinese, and I'm intrested in TCM. Looking for somewhere/somebody to study with. We just came to Taiwan. Thanks.
ninjan
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Martial Arts