No more KLM from TPE to Bangkok

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

No more KLM from TPE to Bangkok

Postby headhonchoII » 23 Mar 2012, 19:23

This is great news. While KLMs planes can be old and crappy a faster REAL direct flight to Europe with transfer to regional cities is going to suit me down to the ground.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1480 Recommends(s)
556 Recognized(s)

Re: No more KLM from TPE to Bangkok

Postby yinggeaussie » 24 Mar 2012, 10:33

Regarding Codeshares, you have to be careful these days.

Back in August, my partner and I flew to Prague on KLM. As it turned out, the AMS-PRG sector was actually a Codeshare on Czech Airlines. Both are members of Skyteam, as is CI and DL and others.

Always be careful of transit times too - the 75 minutes that KLM had booked us between flights in AMS was quickly eroded by spending 45 mins in the Immigration queue, and by the time we got to the gate (about the furtherest one away!!!), it had been closed, so we were left waiting for 2 hours for the next flight - which itself was 2 hours late as well. Not a happy experience when you are already feeling wrecked after the flight to AMS.

CI have recently discontinued flying to London - instead they use a Codeshare on KLM from AMS.

Always read the fine print when booking as they are required to disclose who actually operates the flight.
yinggeaussie
Càiniǎo
Càiniǎo

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recommends(s)

Postby TNT » 10 Aug 2012, 16:50

Went on this flight

You fly through HK airspace, over Shenzhen and follow the same flight path/route as HK to AMS

Airplane was full (it was a Wednesday night)
Flight time was 12 hours 50 mins. If like me you cannot sleep sitting up, then it felt like a long flight.
Plane was a 777-200 KLM. From talking with the flight attendants, as far I work out, they do not switch KLM planes with other airlines
We paid extra for economy comfort ~ NTD3.5K. It was a good idea given the plane was packed and judging by the faces - both European and Filipino, the plane was pretty much full from Manila
Flight attendants were helpful. Food was as good as I expect from KLM. Inflight entertainment system had a good selection
Nuair a bhíonn an fíon istigh,
bíonn an ciall amuigh
TNT
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

Postby Nuit » 10 Aug 2012, 19:18

TNT wrote:We paid extra for economy comfort ~ NTD3.5K. It was a good idea given the plane was packed and judging by the faces - both European and Filipino, the plane was pretty much full from Manila
Flight attendants were helpful. Food was as good as I expect from KLM. Inflight entertainment system had a good selection

Don't like that they charge extra now for seats within economy.
Was it individual inflight entertainment by seat? Or still the 4 monitors in each aisle (surely not).
It's raining again here. I'm rising up like a beautiful bubble to the surface.

A wicked wind whips up the hill, a handful of hopeful words.
I was what you would call seriously strung out.
Forumosan avatar
Nuit
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)

73 Recommends(s)
89 Recognized(s)

Postby archylgp » 10 Aug 2012, 23:03

Super Hans wrote:I stopped flying KLM when a China Airlines bag of nails turned up at the gate. Code sharing with CI and looking death in the face? No thanks. I pay for KLM, so I want KLM aircraft with a KLM paint scheme and pilots with funny surnames and an appreciation of windmills.

I hate that -- I had my last trip planned out so that I was flying EVA and a Japanese airlines. BUT, I mostly ended up flying on United :doh: The planes were nearly empty, too.

I refuse to fly CI, by the way.
archylgp
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

150 Recommends(s)
30 Recognized(s)

Postby TNT » 11 Aug 2012, 20:22

Nuit wrote:
TNT wrote:We paid extra for economy comfort ~ NTD3.5K. It was a good idea given the plane was packed and judging by the faces - both European and Filipino, the plane was pretty much full from Manila

Don't like that they charge extra now for seats within economy.
Was it individual inflight entertainment by seat? Or still the 4 monitors in each aisle (surely not).

each seat has own inflight system. They always fly 777's on this route and would assume all the 777's have the personal inflight system
Nuair a bhíonn an fíon istigh,
bíonn an ciall amuigh
TNT
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

Previous

Return to International Travel