Looking for an adventure?

Moderator: hannes

Forum rules
When posting, especially when starting a new thread, please use a title that explains your post or thread, e.g. don't put "Help please!" when you could put "Where can I find a camp site near Kending?"

Please check your spelling, because someone may do a text search for your information, e.g. if someone searches for information on Xizhi and you have spelled it She Jher, they won't find it. Someone spelled camping as "campin" without a g at the end - again, it can't be found by a text search. For place names in Taiwan, please try to use Hanyu Pinyin as default, as that is the spelling most people know.

Please place links in your posts to sources of information. If you don't know how to hotlink text, click on the BBCode tips link in my signature to find out.

If you find a thread that is so hopelessly out of date that it couldn't be of use to anyone, please send the moderator a private message (with the URL of the thread)

If you spot two or more threads that you think could be merged, again, alert the moderator

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 19:12

Try the Cook Islands. My guess, from here, is that you will need to fly into Brisbane at one of two airports. You might be able to book from here to New Zealand but probably more expensive. Destination is Roratonga in the Cooks. You will spend a night, cheaply, arise and book a commuter podunk POS commuter craft into Autitaki. I now the spelling if off but a google will get you there.
Most beutiful place I have ever seen. Small landing strip so use the restroom before landing because you will piss yourself before the aircraft comes to a stop. A few lodginging and a lagoon that can not be described so go google.
If your looking to get away for a week, my 1st on the list.
Pay the price and rent a scoot. Chase wild pigs, go for a snorkle dive, lay in the hammock and have some fun with the g/f - b/f. Nobody cares or even look. It's just the norm on Autitaki
Enigma
Time to Marry a Local (gāi qǔ tái wān lǎo pó jià tái wān lǎo gōng liǎo)

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Re: Looking for an adventure?

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 19:59

Number 2 on the list is Fiji. Fly in to Nadi and the airport sucks big time. Hot and filled with hot and sweaty folks that dont want to be there any more than I and my secretary.It was a fast book and my sec. is also the wife of my best friend. On the way into Brisbane from Seattle we were forced to spend 6 hours in the fucking airport, filled with garbage and human smells,
We got our business done in Brisbane and, because of the tickets, we had to do the 6 hours in Fiji again. I shouted B.S. I have the company credit card with more that 100K U.S. on the limit. I told my sec that NEVER AGAIN! We took some beat up Toyota taxi to "First Landing Resort" We wanted a shower, some unsweated clothes and possibly a dip in the pool. First stop was the cabana bar. She's a dive Master and I am low on the totem. We order our drinks. I look at her, knowing she is my best friends wife, and we mutually agree: Fuck this shit. Called my my boss on my international phone and told him, in message, " plane broke down and we will be a few days delayed" Response a few hours late was"received, understand. Pleased you are safe and sound. if delayed, have some fun."
Fuck!
Scuba Diving, Swimming, The best seafood I have ever had and . . . . no. Not that. She was and to this day is my best friends wife. Same bed but not even a spooning.
So many pics that I still have but I destroyed all the sec. nude sunbathing pics out of my loyalty to her husband . . . . . but I toook the pics.
On my Number two is Fiji
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 20:31

Number 3 on the list is a jet boat trip into hells canyon,, the deepest gorge in N, America.
Double 305 Ford Motors and a Spanish exchange student with us. She caught some beutiful salmon, illegally, and we explored some Chinese mining holes.
She and I both went home with a different perspectives.
My daughter went to Barcelona the next summer to spend some time on the Spanish Riviera with my exchange student. I asked for nude beach photos. What I got was 5 year old boys and girls. FUCK! Never trust a daughter.
Can somebody add the next.
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 21:01

OK! nobody wants to share their adventures.
Arrived about 11 years ago, I had had been in Taiwan for business many times before.. I never got to see beyond airport and Hilton (Now Ceaseser Park) I stopped the taxi and bought a 125 Kymco and had them install a box like KFC uses, Got drunk with the boys and spelled the night in a brothel and "Sharon", nearby ina a "love Motel", alone. Next day I got some maps and I and that that Kymco have been on every road, trail villagage, etc. Go do it. Taiwan is not what you expect. Go explore. I Guess that I am the ONLY Lukai member from Americas. You would be surprised. Spent some time with them and the village elder made me an honoray Luki. Very proud of that. Damn glad that his daughter didn't get pregnant!
My number 4 is Taiwan. Get your ass out off the chair.
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 21:19

Next adventure, I hope, is Tibet. I want that more than anyone can imagine. I am am not stupid enough to think that I can climb the fucker, but I can go to base camp 2.
My next adventure. Your only as old as you think you are.
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 21:43

If you are reading this, you also have had some adventures, here and elswhere. Trust me when I say, we would like to hear those stories,
the good, bad and the ugly.
I still have double ought buck in my back from smugglers (police) that thought I was in compeition. (Columbia, S. America) Thanks for the lead. I still dig a piece out one in a while.
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Enigma » 25 Jun 2012, 21:54

More than 70 of you have looked and wondred; Go do it! Stop looking and start doing!
Enigma

ORIGINAL POSTER
15 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby flike » 25 Jun 2012, 22:06

I cleaned the spare bathroom over the weekend (brother is visiting next week). I managed to displace a small spider, who then startled me this morning before work.

The End.

... Mine is a life sadly devoid of adventure these days. Your stories are great, btw.
"It is a privilege to be the stand-in for Spencer Tracy. Tracy is a fine actor, but he is most important because he understands why it is necessary to take orders from the front office." Louis B. Mayer, 1938 Academy Awards ceremony

"Why do you not sit on my lap when we talk contracts, like my other stars do?" Louis B. Mayer to Luise Rainer, 1937

"His hand always touched my right tit whenever he said the word 'daughter'." Joan Crawford, regarding Louis B. Mayer, 1938
flike
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

23 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 25 Jun 2012, 22:25

Enigma wrote:Number 2 on the list is Fiji.

Fiji was my first overseas trip. Went on a 2 week surfing trip in 1995. Epic waves and gave me the travel bug.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

217 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

Postby cfimages » 25 Jun 2012, 22:28

Enigma wrote:Next adventure, I hope, is Tibet. I want that more than anyone can imagine. I am am not stupid enough to think that I can climb the fucker, but I can go to base camp 2.
My next adventure. Your only as old as you think you are.

I went overland from Kathmandu to Lhasa in 2001. We were the last to cross into Tibet before they closed the border after 9/11. It was a 5 day drive with no contact with the outside world at all - a very interesting time to be incommunicado. We knew there'd been a terrorist attack in America but didn't know much else. In Lhasa, we were able to get online but most sites are blocked by the Chinese govt. Ended up getting most of our news via the Lonely Planet forum section.
Forumosan avatar
cfimages

217 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to International Travel