Click here to go to our new forums at
If you are a Forumosan Regular, when you log in for the FIRST TIME, you must RESET your password by using the Password Recovery system.

Usernames on the new forums must not contain any SPACES and must end with LETTER or a NUMBER; if yours does, you will be prompted to change your Username
Contact us at admin(at)forumosa(dot)com or @forumosa on Twitter or on our Facebook Page if you have any questions or problems logging back in

Translation/Notarization of Police B/G Check.

Short-term and long-term visas, application requirements, waiting times, advantages and disadvantages of stay vs. resident visas, who needs an ARC, and why do people opt for permanent residency
Forum rules
While the moderators are happy to help point people in the right direction for legal assistance and to attempt to keep these forums civil and tidy, please bear in mind that an Internet forum is not the place for providing or receiving legal advice or for the creation of any attorney-client privileges or obligations. Also keep in mind that Forumosa and the moderators cannot conduct comprehensive reviews of all laws or legal concepts referenced or discussed within these forums – laws and regulations are updated and amended, interpretations do change, and sometimes the legal landscape can change very fast. Forumosa provides these legal forums for general informational purposes only. By using these legal forums, you agree that the information does not constitute legal or other professional advice and no attorney-client or other relationship is created between you and any other posters on these forums. DO NOT CONSIDER THE FORUMS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR OBTAINING LEGAL ADVICE FROM A QUALIFIED LICENSED ATTORNEY.

Translation/Notarization of Police B/G Check.

Postby Toe Save » 02 Apr 2012, 22:35

Does anyone have a Taipei contact for this rite of passage into permanent residency? A friend to shy to post on here would greatly appreciate any leads.

User avatar
Toe Save
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Mando-pop Singer (Guóyǔ liúxíng gēshǒu)
Posts: 2329
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 14:18
Location: In 口和人特, all decked out from 頭 to Toe.

Re: Translation/Notarization of Police B/G Check.

Postby nonredneck » 15 Apr 2012, 06:23

You mean Taiwanese PR or another countries' PR?
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Posts: 1270
Joined: 17 Apr 2011, 23:41

Re: Translation/Notarization of Police B/G Check.

Postby PapaAzucar » 23 Apr 2012, 10:01

Does this FAQ answer your question?

If you are from the US, then you may need a FBI check, which is a 3-step process:

1) Get fingerprinted using the FBI form FD-258.
Fees may be involved depending on where you get fingerprinted.

2) Send in the Criminal Background Check application along with your fingerprints and appropriate fee.

3) After you receive the FBI Criminal Background Check, send it to the Washington DC, TECRO office for authentication with the appropriate fee.
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Posts: 366
Joined: 12 Dec 2011, 08:54

Re: Translation/Notarization of Police B/G Check.

Postby kchen123 » 19 May 2012, 14:25

Dear PapaAzucar,

Since I am currently in Taiwan, for the FBI Check, does the Standard Fingerprint Form (FD-258) need to be done back in the United States or could I 1)Get it done at the American Institute in Taiwan or 2) Get it done locally.

Thank you for your help and information
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 May 2012, 14:22

Re: Translation/Notarization of Police B/G Check.

Postby John » 19 May 2012, 14:47

Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Posts: 733
Joined: 24 Apr 2005, 12:19
Location: Keelung
In Taiwan since: 08 Nov 1999

   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Return to Visa & Residency Issues

Who is online

Forumosans browsing this forum: No Forumosans and 0 guests