Law Change in Working Permit!

Moderator: John

Re: Law Change in Working Permit!

Postby Feiren » 11 May 2012, 11:11

OK, a conflicting story. This is closer to what I heard from the CLA: foreign graduates of Taiwanese universities yes, graduates for foreign universities no, but exceptions can be made.

跨國勞動力政策協商諮詢小組共識:談人才而非人力,學者建議鎖定人才主動出擊,沒門檻問題

2012/05/09

【經濟日報記者葉小慧/9日電】台灣人才外流,如何延攬優秀人才是大事,跨國勞動力政策協商諮詢小組成員之一的台大國發所副教授辛炳隆認為,人才「不是等來的」,應該積極鎖定所需人才,主動出擊。勞委會也表示,企業鎖定的優秀外籍人才,通過會商機制,幾乎都會開放。
過去經建會、勞委會對於白領外勞的聘僱門檻多次攻防,經建會希望大幅鬆綁,認為勞委會的法令擋住人才來台,勞委會則堅持避免「假白領、真藍領」以及外勞為補充性質的基調,始終尋求不著共識。

勞委會職訓局長林三貴日表示,小組委員們有共識現在「不是談人力,而是談人才」,勞委會本來就沒有拒絕人才,事實上過去只要有企業鎖定人才,對方也願意來台,即使事前未經討論,透過會商機制「不會有問題」。

職訓局外勞管理組長傅慧芝補充說明指出,過去新竹、台中、台南等科學園區,或新興產業企業想聘僱大學畢業的外籍生,即使沒有工作經驗,也能經「通案會商」許可聘僱;即使不能走通案會商,也可走「個案會商」。

傅慧芝表示,職訓局去年以個案會商方式許可的外籍人士聘僱案約14 件,其中只有1件因故未通過,可以明顯看出雖然白領外勞聘僱門檻多,但實務上可說沒有門檻。林三貴則認為,從職訓局接受申請的案件數來看是沒需求出來。

傅慧芝說,外國人來台工作條件相當多元,林書豪這類的運動員或演藝人員,原本就沒有限制。至於這次提案討論的百大名校畢業生,現行也可透過通案會商或個案會商等機制處理,薪資真的不是障礙,但仍會在經建會人才因應方案小組進行後續討論。
Feiren
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

4 Recommends(s)
204 Recognized(s)

Postby Happy Face » 16 May 2012, 04:02

Ok :S I got confused now, can someone make a sum up??? So pretty much I understand that if you graduate from an University from the island you don't need the 2 years of experiences, your salary will be around $37k but you still have to apply for the working permit the normal way. Am I right?
'Cause is a long way to the top....If you wanna rock and roll !
Forumosan avatar
Happy Face
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Feiren » 16 May 2012, 09:53

Happy Face wrote:Ok :S I got confused now, can someone make a sum up??? So pretty much I understand that if you graduate from an University from the island you don't need the 2 years of experiences, your salary will be around $37k but you still have to apply for the working permit the normal way. Am I right?

That's because the situation is still evolving and confusing.

I think you are basically right: Employers will be able to obtain work permits to hire foreign grads of Taiwanese universities with a minimum salary of around NT$37,000. The CLA says that it will amend its regulations by July. We won't really know until the regs come out.
Feiren

4 Recommends(s)
204 Recognized(s)

Postby Icon » 16 May 2012, 10:01

Happy Face wrote:Ok :S I got confused now, can someone make a sum up??? So pretty much I understand that if you graduate from an University from the island you don't need the 2 years of experiences, your salary will be around $37k but you still have to apply for the working permit the normal way. Am I right?

Summary: wait until the law is passed.
Until then, everything else are rumors/pipe dreams/pie in the sky, solid as jello.
"Lo urgente no deja tiempo para lo importante". Mafalda

"Nice guy? Who gives a shit? If you want to work here, close."
Forumosan avatar
Icon
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

757 Recommends(s)
591 Recognized(s)

Postby abcheng » 27 May 2012, 20:50

So as of right now is it still true that anyone from a foreign country working in Taiwan with a work permit has to be paid a minimum of $45,000 NTD?
abcheng

In Taiwan since: 27 Mar 2012

Postby Confuzius » 27 May 2012, 23:12

abcheng wrote:So as of right now is it still true that anyone from a foreign country working in Taiwan with a work permit has to be paid a minimum of $45,000 NTD?

Arent plenty of people paid less than this, work less than 14 hrs a week...but somehow have a working permit and ARC? (not talkin bout people married to taiwanese)
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby abcheng » 28 May 2012, 09:44

Confuzius wrote:
abcheng wrote:So as of right now is it still true that anyone from a foreign country working in Taiwan with a work permit has to be paid a minimum of $45,000 NTD?

Arent plenty of people paid less than this, work less than 14 hrs a week...but somehow have a working permit and ARC? (not talkin bout people married to taiwanese)

The reason I ask is because I just went a couple weeks ago to National Immigration Agency a couple weeks ago to get my resident visa, and on my work permit my salary was under 45,000 even though I am working 40 hours a week at a research institution here in Taiwan. If I am entitled to a higher salary, then I definitely need to let my employer know. Has anyone had an experience like this before ?
abcheng

Postby Feiren » 28 May 2012, 10:04

I suspect that different rules apply to research assistants.

We are talking about the category of (white collar) 'professionals' here. The NT$48K minimum salary applies to them.

Also, I would not refer to 'my' work permit. It is your employer's permit to employ you.

An NT$48K salary is not a 'right'. It is a condition that certain employers must meet to employ certain kinds of workers.
Feiren

4 Recommends(s)
204 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 28 May 2012, 10:22

Years ago I was employed as a research assistant and my salary was below the official minimum quoted above (which is why I didn't last too long there of course). So it seems that research personnel are hired under different regulations.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1781 Recommends(s)
636 Recognized(s)

Postby abcheng » 28 May 2012, 13:56

headhonchoII wrote:Years ago I was employed as a research assistant and my salary was below the official minimum quoted above (which is why I didn't last too long there of course). So it seems that research personnel are hired under different regulations.

Gotcha. Thats exactly the answer I was looking for. What really sucks then is you make the same as locals here but get more heavily taxed the first 6 months.
abcheng

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Working in Taiwan