Finding an Engineer related Job in Taiwan

Moderator: John

Postby 57.Christ » 01 May 2012, 15:47

Hello everyone :)

As I mention in the title, is there any website or search-engine-thing to find an Engineer-related job in Taiwan? I've searched through some website, but most of them either provides job for teaching, or for marketing, accounting, etc.. I'm having a bit difficulties in finding a job in the engineering field..

I'm a mechanical engineer student who study for master degree ( M.Sc ) in Taiwan, and about to graduate.. I didn't have any job experience before, so, i can be considered as fresh graduates.. i can speak chinese, but only average..

Thank you so much for the information :)

PS: Sorry if there's already someone post the same topics. If there is, please guide me to the specific topics.. thanks alot :)
57.Christ
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Finding an Engineer related Job in Taiwan

Postby pilam99 » 01 May 2012, 19:32

Search and post your CV here:

http://www.104.com.tw/index.htm

Also look into a recruiter, these guys used to be the big one in TW?:

http://www.hrnetone.com/
Forumosan avatar
pilam99
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby 57.Christ » 02 May 2012, 10:35

pilam99 wrote:Search and post your CV here:

http://www.104.com.tw/index.htm

Also look into a recruiter, these guys used to be the big one in TW?:

http://www.hrnetone.com/

thanks for the website.. :)

I've already been in the 104.com, but finding it abit hard to search for job, since it's all in chinese :(

any other websites?

thanks alot
57.Christ

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby PigBloodCake » 02 May 2012, 10:40

57.Christ wrote: since it's all in chinese :(

And you're about to graduate from a TAIWAN university? :eek: :eh: :s
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Postby 57.Christ » 02 May 2012, 11:19

PigBloodCake wrote:
57.Christ wrote: since it's all in chinese :(

And you're about to graduate from a TAIWAN university? :eek: :eh: :s

yuppie.. but it's conducted in English ^^

*I can read chinese, but not much.. :( *
57.Christ

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby pilam99 » 02 May 2012, 17:17

You need to figure out if you want a local job or an expat job. If a local job, you need to convince someone you are OK in Chinese and 99% of the jobs are on 104 so offer one of your classmates a beer or latte to translate for you. If you want an expat job you need to leave the island and get some experience in your home country and then find a way back in, either through that company or through a recruiter.
Forumosan avatar
pilam99

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Rabidpie » 02 May 2012, 19:30

57.Christ wrote:Hello everyone :)

As I mention in the title, is there any website or search-engine-thing to find an Engineer-related job in Taiwan? I've searched through some website, but most of them either provides job for teaching, or for marketing, accounting, etc.. I'm having a bit difficulties in finding a job in the engineering field..

I'm a mechanical engineer student who study for master degree ( M.Sc ) in Taiwan, and about to graduate.. I didn't have any job experience before, so, i can be considered as fresh graduates.. i can speak chinese, but only average..

PS: Sorry if there's already someone post the same topics. If there is, please guide me to the specific topics.. thanks alot :)

Edited:

Ah, sorry OP I didn't really read your post in full detail. Anyhow best of luck to you, I will probably be in a similar position as yourself if I do a Masters in Taiwan.
My anti Drug is Taiwan
Rabidpie
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 02 May 2012, 19:35

Please reread he did a masters here. Anyway lets not jump on him but offer him some help. We all looked for a first job once.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1790 Recommends(s)
642 Recognized(s)

Postby kelake » 03 May 2012, 10:16

104 is a bit of a crap shoot. Can’t your advisor provide you with some contacts? Your alumni office should be able to help as well. Also, there are usually job fairs held every semester - have you attended those? As a fresh graduate your lack of spoken Chinese might limit your options, you might want to sign-up for an intensive summer language program while you continue your search.
kelake
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

21 Recommends(s)
9 Recognized(s)

Postby 57.Christ » 03 May 2012, 15:31

pilam99 wrote:You need to figure out if you want a local job or an expat job. If a local job, you need to convince someone you are OK in Chinese and 99% of the jobs are on 104 so offer one of your classmates a beer or latte to translate for you. If you want an expat job you need to leave the island and get some experience in your home country and then find a way back in, either through that company or through a recruiter.

if i can, a local job will be fine.. but with my chinese, I think I have to spend a long time to search before I get one.. :(

Rabidpie wrote:

Edited:

Ah, sorry OP I didn't really read your post in full detail. Anyhow best of luck to you, I will probably be in a similar position as yourself if I do a Masters in Taiwan.

kelake wrote:

104 is a bit of a crap shoot. Can’t your advisor provide you with some contacts? Your alumni office should be able to help as well. Also, there are usually job fairs held every semester - have you attended those? As a fresh graduate your lack of spoken Chinese might limit your options, you might want to sign-up for an intensive summer language program while you continue your search.

my advisor said " It's a bit difficult, because maybe taiwan have some issue with your country " so, it's not helping much :(

I'll attend a job fairs this 11th may.. may I know why 104 is a bit of crap shoot? :)
57.Christ

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Working in Taiwan