Finding an Engineer related Job in Taiwan

Moderator: John

Postby 57.Christ » 01 May 2012, 15:47

Hello everyone :)

As I mention in the title, is there any website or search-engine-thing to find an Engineer-related job in Taiwan? I've searched through some website, but most of them either provides job for teaching, or for marketing, accounting, etc.. I'm having a bit difficulties in finding a job in the engineering field..

I'm a mechanical engineer student who study for master degree ( M.Sc ) in Taiwan, and about to graduate.. I didn't have any job experience before, so, i can be considered as fresh graduates.. i can speak chinese, but only average..

Thank you so much for the information :)

PS: Sorry if there's already someone post the same topics. If there is, please guide me to the specific topics.. thanks alot :)
57.Christ
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Re: Finding an Engineer related Job in Taiwan

Postby pilam99 » 01 May 2012, 19:32

Search and post your CV here:

http://www.104.com.tw/index.htm

Also look into a recruiter, these guys used to be the big one in TW?:

http://www.hrnetone.com/
Forumosan avatar
pilam99
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby 57.Christ » 02 May 2012, 10:35

pilam99 wrote:Search and post your CV here:

http://www.104.com.tw/index.htm

Also look into a recruiter, these guys used to be the big one in TW?:

http://www.hrnetone.com/

thanks for the website.. :)

I've already been in the 104.com, but finding it abit hard to search for job, since it's all in chinese :(

any other websites?

thanks alot
57.Christ

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby PigBloodCake » 02 May 2012, 10:40

57.Christ wrote: since it's all in chinese :(

And you're about to graduate from a TAIWAN university? :eek: :eh: :s
Life is a bitch and death is her sister.

I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.
PigBloodCake
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

9 Recommends(s)
27 Recognized(s)

Postby 57.Christ » 02 May 2012, 11:19

PigBloodCake wrote:
57.Christ wrote: since it's all in chinese :(

And you're about to graduate from a TAIWAN university? :eek: :eh: :s

yuppie.. but it's conducted in English ^^

*I can read chinese, but not much.. :( *
57.Christ

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby pilam99 » 02 May 2012, 17:17

You need to figure out if you want a local job or an expat job. If a local job, you need to convince someone you are OK in Chinese and 99% of the jobs are on 104 so offer one of your classmates a beer or latte to translate for you. If you want an expat job you need to leave the island and get some experience in your home country and then find a way back in, either through that company or through a recruiter.
Forumosan avatar
pilam99

1 Recommends(s)
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Rabidpie » 02 May 2012, 19:30

57.Christ wrote:Hello everyone :)

As I mention in the title, is there any website or search-engine-thing to find an Engineer-related job in Taiwan? I've searched through some website, but most of them either provides job for teaching, or for marketing, accounting, etc.. I'm having a bit difficulties in finding a job in the engineering field..

I'm a mechanical engineer student who study for master degree ( M.Sc ) in Taiwan, and about to graduate.. I didn't have any job experience before, so, i can be considered as fresh graduates.. i can speak chinese, but only average..

PS: Sorry if there's already someone post the same topics. If there is, please guide me to the specific topics.. thanks alot :)

Edited:

Ah, sorry OP I didn't really read your post in full detail. Anyhow best of luck to you, I will probably be in a similar position as yourself if I do a Masters in Taiwan.
My anti Drug is Taiwan
Rabidpie
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

1 Recommends(s)
11 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 02 May 2012, 19:35

Please reread he did a masters here. Anyway lets not jump on him but offer him some help. We all looked for a first job once.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1307 Recommends(s)
504 Recognized(s)

Postby kelake » 03 May 2012, 10:16

104 is a bit of a crap shoot. Can’t your advisor provide you with some contacts? Your alumni office should be able to help as well. Also, there are usually job fairs held every semester - have you attended those? As a fresh graduate your lack of spoken Chinese might limit your options, you might want to sign-up for an intensive summer language program while you continue your search.
kelake
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)
Eldest Grandchild (zhǎngsūn)

15 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby 57.Christ » 03 May 2012, 15:31

pilam99 wrote:You need to figure out if you want a local job or an expat job. If a local job, you need to convince someone you are OK in Chinese and 99% of the jobs are on 104 so offer one of your classmates a beer or latte to translate for you. If you want an expat job you need to leave the island and get some experience in your home country and then find a way back in, either through that company or through a recruiter.

if i can, a local job will be fine.. but with my chinese, I think I have to spend a long time to search before I get one.. :(

Rabidpie wrote:

Edited:

Ah, sorry OP I didn't really read your post in full detail. Anyhow best of luck to you, I will probably be in a similar position as yourself if I do a Masters in Taiwan.

kelake wrote:

104 is a bit of a crap shoot. Can’t your advisor provide you with some contacts? Your alumni office should be able to help as well. Also, there are usually job fairs held every semester - have you attended those? As a fresh graduate your lack of spoken Chinese might limit your options, you might want to sign-up for an intensive summer language program while you continue your search.

my advisor said " It's a bit difficult, because maybe taiwan have some issue with your country " so, it's not helping much :(

I'll attend a job fairs this 11th may.. may I know why 104 is a bit of crap shoot? :)
57.Christ

ORIGINAL POSTER

x

Return to Working in Taiwan