Has anyone ever worked in a "local job"?

Moderator: John

Re: Has anyone ever worked in a "local job"?

Postby Jialin » 02 Jun 2012, 03:51

tomthorne wrote:
Jialin wrote:
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem. The work visa laws are really unfair compared to what most western nations offer foreigners. It's a bit difficult to get your head around it if you view it from a western cultural perspective. Once you've done your time and got an APRC (or married a local) it's all gravy, but up until then it's shite.

Yeah. Does the same go for Mainland China do you know? I assume there are similar laws (?)
Follow me on Twitter @sharchenshingta
Forumosan avatar
Jialin
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

1 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Re: Has anyone ever worked in a "local job"?

Postby tomthorne » 02 Jun 2012, 10:49

Jialin wrote:
tomthorne wrote:
Jialin wrote:
Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

No problem. The work visa laws are really unfair compared to what most western nations offer foreigners. It's a bit difficult to get your head around it if you view it from a western cultural perspective. Once you've done your time and got an APRC (or married a local) it's all gravy, but up until then it's shite.

Yeah. Does the same go for Mainland China do you know? I assume there are similar laws (?)

I don't have personal experience. I think there are some threads discussing work visas in China in the legal forum. From what I've read Taiwan has pretty much the worst (from the foreign employee's perspective) work visa rules in East Asia. There are many ways to skin a cat in Taiwan, though :wink:
tomthorne
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

217 Recommends(s)
179 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Working in Taiwan