Worse than Hong Kong

Moderator: John

Re: Worse than Hong Kong

Postby On The Brink » 04 Jun 2012, 12:38

The business environment couldn't be better,

I guess you need to clarify which segment of business you are talking about. For SMEs I’ll have to take your word for it but I rarely meet a foreigner that’s started his own business and has kept it going for more than a couple years. It’s possible the business environment isn’t to blame but for international companies no way Taiwan is business friendly. I would elaborate but it’s all been said before on these forums. Attend any business function at one of the chambers and you’ll get an earful. Better attend soon though because there aren’t many of us left.

I still laugh every time I’m at a function and there’s some local official on stage talking about how “they want Taiwan to become international”. They don’t get it and they don’t want to get it. Simple as that.
On The Brink
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

7 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Working in Taiwan