Can Taiwan Scholarship Recipients work in Taiwan?

Moderator: John

Can Taiwan Scholarship Recipients work in Taiwan?

Postby todegreeornotdegree » 02 Jun 2012, 01:10

Hey guys,

I've been awarded the Taiwan Scholarship to study at NCCU.

I've read that students on these scholarships can work part-time, but am not sure where. For example, could I teach English part-time to help support myself?

I've read the MOE regulations regarding this, but they are quite confusing.

They say students can't work illegally (something I don't intend on doing) and have to get approval from the institutions and MOE before engaging in work.

So basically, can Taiwan Scholarship recipients work in Taiwan?
todegreeornotdegree
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
2 Recommends(s)

Re: Can Taiwan Scholarship Recipients work in Taiwan?

Postby TaFCoML » 02 Jun 2012, 13:38

Let me Google that for you.

Revised Taiwan Scholarship Program Guidelines wrote:XIV.i.7. Recipients are not allowed to work illegally (including part-time work) while in Taiwan. If recipients engage in any labor activity without the MOE’s approval of award renewal or without notifying their universities/colleges, their scholarships will be revoked and they need to return any stipend and subsistence allowance given to them during the period of employment.

XIV.ii.4. Relevant institutions wishing to employ recipients on a part-time basis should apply for employment permit in accordance with the Employment Service Act (ESA). Recipients’ universities/colleges should, in accordance with this guideline, review each case, and upon approval, state the proposed period of employment, nature of employment, and total working hours. A copy of the recipients’ academic transcript for two consecutive semesters must be submitted to the MOE for the evaluation of the renewal of the recipients’ scholarships. Source.
Derp.
Forumosan avatar
TaFCoML
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

4 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Re: Can Taiwan Scholarship Recipients work in Taiwan?

Postby WelcomeAndy » 19 Jun 2012, 14:56

Forget about it ! I lived in the US for 9.5 years and recently back to Taiwan to renew my Visa. Need any help let me know !
WelcomeAndy

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Working in Taiwan