Finding a Finance job

Moderator: John

Re: Finding a Finance job

Postby idunno » 22 Jun 2012, 12:06

You can find a lot of positions for settlements at any of the 30+ local banks here. Yes they need English all termsheets and tickets are still in English. However, as above poster. They hire locals at 40k TWD a month. If you can accept that and have Taiwan blood and can get a free arc or have a taiwan passport I can introduce u to get a position in a week.
idunno
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

2 Recognized(s)

Postby psidriven » 22 Jun 2012, 13:38

dude, hook me up. I don't really care about having an USA salary. I was born in taiwan and just want to move back because i love the food. as long as i can live comfortably, I'm cool. pm me, pretty please, with sugar on top.
psidriven

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby cranky laowai » 22 Jun 2012, 14:07

psidriven wrote:I was born in Taiwan so should be able to work easily w/o a permit.

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you need to be sure of the details first. For example, if you're expecting to be treated as a citizen, you should keep in mind that for males that also means military service. And are you a citizen? Do you have an ROC passport? Do you have a hukou? Just having been born here doesn't mean much in itself. You should probably post about the specifics of your case in the legal forums.
Forumosan avatar
cranky laowai
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)
National Security Advisor (guójiā ānquán gùwèn)

35 Recommends(s)
38 Recognized(s)

Postby psidriven » 23 Jun 2012, 01:33

cranky laowai wrote:
psidriven wrote:I was born in Taiwan so should be able to work easily w/o a permit.

I don't want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you need to be sure of the details first. For example, if you're expecting to be treated as a citizen, you should keep in mind that for males that also means military service. And are you a citizen? Do you have an ROC passport? Do you have a hukou? Just having been born here doesn't mean much in itself. You should probably post about the specifics of your case in the legal forums.

thanks for the heads up. yes, I had a roc passport up til age 12, but I'll check with my father as he handles all of our family's taiwan affairs. isn't the military service only up to age 35? is hukou the household registration?
psidriven

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby xeddyboi420x » 24 Jun 2012, 09:42

do any of you know the process for a US citizen?
xeddyboi420x
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby psidriven » 27 Jun 2012, 08:29

xeddyboi420x wrote:do any of you know the process for a US citizen?

on what? finding a finance job or getting a work permit?
psidriven

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby psidriven » Today, 17:39

Bump. Going to hk this week to get my Taiwan passport and coming back as official Taiwanese. So any job leads?
psidriven

ORIGINAL POSTER

Previous

x

Return to Working in Taiwan