Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Ms Clinton say everybody in world can be gay

A forum for discussing gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender-related issues, both specific to Taiwan and in general. This forum welcomes people of all sexual orientations to participate and share their opinions and experiences in a mature and safe environment.

Moderator: John

Re: Ms Clinton say everybody in world can be gay

Postby sulavaca » 24 Dec 2011, 23:43

Steviebike wrote:Oh my lord!...The rights of person to choose who they want to marry, should not even be a law or question etc. It should be the given freedom of everyone around the world....

As much as I think equal rights are a cute idea, marriage is dictated by the government, and you have no rights to tell them how you wish them to dictate the law to you. You may at best have the privilege to complain, but that's a s far as it goes in even the most liberal of countries.

I think what you should be more concerned about is any consequence of being openly gay. It should be however no country's "right" to interfere with the workings of other countries. If you support the idea of a country/government/nation, or whatever you want to call it, then you also support that individual nations should have the power to govern themselves however those countries/governments/nations see fit. It simply is not up to you or anyone else to decide.
However, if you side on the humanist side of things, then you empower yourself with as many rights as you see fit in order to achieve justice for the homosexuals, or anyone else who you feel are being oppressed.
BTW, I would appreciate some love for the heterosexuals amongst us. I feel we don't get enough love these days. :wink:
Visit actaiwan.org for Car Rentals, servicing, repairs, Used Car Purchasing, Inspections, Articles and Useful Information on Taiwan Motoring.
Check out A.C. on Facebook
Forumosan avatar
sulavaca
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)
Has-been Pop Star (guòshí míngxīng)

4 Recommends(s)
58 Recognized(s)

Postby CraigTPE » 27 Dec 2011, 16:24

pgdaddy1 wrote:
Muzha Man wrote:
pgdaddy1 wrote:...well surely the gay vote is not that big to swing an election ?

If the gay vote can't swing the election, then it's not the voting block I thought it was.

Surely in terms of numbers it can't make a difference can it ?

Gay-friendly politics does not just win over gays, but their friends and families, as well as people who just believe everyone should have the same rights.
Forumosan avatar
CraigTPE
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

91 Recommends(s)
34 Recognized(s)

Postby henryhu » 14 Jan 2012, 21:23

Unfortunately, Hillary's speech didn't get much play in the US... I even had to tell a few newshounds where to find it. Regarding the OP's question, I get that countries are sick of the US's imposing of its values, but this is one area where I think they got it right. A friend of mine who lives in Malawi questioned whether it was right for the US to link LBGT rights to aid. Of course it is right. Are countries being asked to allow total freedoms for the LGBT, or to simply stop hunting them, killing them, and taking their free will away? Even if you think it is a shame to be gay, why do some people have the right to destroy their lives? That aid is conditional on basic human rights being given to the LGBT community in countries where they are imprisoned or killed just for how they like to have orgasms is similar to withholding aid to murderous regimes. Is the blind aid given from China to the most corrupt leaders really a better way to go about it? That fosters a country's development more quickly? The Obama approved speech by Clinton--and this is coming from a lifelong cynic who has spent most of the past 20 years deep into a bottle of wine--was an amazing moment.
henryhu
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

1 Recognized(s)

Postby viba » 07 Feb 2012, 11:48

tommy525 wrote:Human rights? They are just regular human beans like you and i.

:lol:
viba
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

31 Recommends(s)
8 Recognized(s)

Postby Belgian Pie » 07 Feb 2012, 12:52

Good chance she's bi-sexuwal ... :D the way she restyled herself lately ... her hair, clothes ... :ohreally: :ponder:
Belgian Pie
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

2 Recommends(s)
75 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to LGBT Forum