DISCUSSION FROM: Free & Anonymous HIV rapid test for Gay male

A forum for discussing gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender-related issues, both specific to Taiwan and in general. This forum welcomes people of all sexual orientations to participate and share their opinions and experiences in a mature and safe environment.

Moderator: John

DISCUSSION FROM: Free & Anonymous HIV rapid test for Gay male

Postby lofaawork » 02 Apr 2012, 16:51

Free and Anonymous ABBOTT HIV rapid test - a special service for gay male
This service is provided by Gay Community Center Taipei http://zh-tw.facebook.com/pages/%E5%A4%A7%E5%8F%B0%E5%8C%97%E5%90%8C%E5%AD%B8%E6%9C%83/160160320764149?sk=wall&filter=12
Sponsored by LOFAA http://www.lofaa.org.tw/

Abbott HIV rapid test takes only one drop of blood. More than 99.9% accuracy.
If you're not ready for an accurate test result within 20 minutes, maybe it's not the right time for you.
There's always regular blood tests available. You decide.

Time and Date: 1:30 pm - 9:00 pm every Tuesday and Thursday
TEL : 02-2250-5110 / To ensure your privacy, make a reservation in advance

Regular Business Hour: 1:30 pm - 9:30 pm, Tuesday through Saturday

(Family Mart at ground floor)
新北市板橋區民生路二段250號五樓 (w/elevator), 全家超商五樓

Travel Guide: Exit 4/Juquang Road (w/escalator) , Xinpu station, Banqiao Line, Taipei MRT

lofaawork
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Re: Free & Anonymous HIV rapid test for Gay male

Postby jimipresley » 02 Apr 2012, 19:01

Is this service only available to gay males?
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

People are stupid everywhere, but there's something childlike and adorable about Taiwanese stupidity. - rowland
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1052 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 02 Apr 2012, 20:42

Are you sure it's truly confidential?

When I was getting my health check for my APRC, Ren'ai Hospital had a statement that said: "Your test results are confidential. If you test positive for HIV, we will report you to the authorities in a confidential way." :noway:
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

95 Recommends(s)
217 Recognized(s)

Postby lofaawork » 03 Apr 2012, 02:07

jimipresley wrote:Is this service only available to gay males?

It's FREE for gay male. One would have to pay for the test if not gay, I'm afraid :oops:
Still, it's an anonymous test service for whoever needs it :bow:
lofaawork

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby lofaawork » 03 Apr 2012, 02:08

Chris wrote:Are you sure it's truly confidential?

When I was getting my health check for my APRC, Ren'ai Hospital had a statement that said: "Your test results are confidential. If you test positive for HIV, we will report you to the authorities in a confidential way." :noway:

This is an anonymous test service. HIV positive is not an issue here in our office :bow:
lofaawork

ORIGINAL POSTER
1 Recognized(s)

Postby Confuzius » 03 Apr 2012, 02:11

lofaawork wrote:

It's FREE for gay male. One would have to pay for the test if not gay, I'm afraid :oops:

Um...couldn't someone just CLAIM they are gay and get the free test, or is there some sort of 'gay exam' to determine one's sexual preference to see whether or not they need to pay?
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Charlie Phillips » 03 Apr 2012, 02:44

Confuzius wrote:
lofaawork wrote:

Um...couldn't someone just CLAIM they are gay and get the free test, or is there some sort of 'gay exam' to determine one's sexual preference to see whether or not they need to pay?

That's exactly what I was thinking. And who is administering the tests? You provide pictures of a barely furnished apartment and invite gays only. How do we know you are not just looking for a boyfriend or starting some kind of cult where you give a quick test, identify someone as HIV positive, sell them expensive drugs that destroy the immune system, then have the cult members recruit more...?

HIV tests are available at any hospital and most authorized medical clinics.
"Why do you want gas? It's hot. You can have cold showers" ~gas delivery man height of summer, 2010.

"Why you wear so many clothes? You are foreigner. Foreign countries are cold." buxiban owner, depth of winter 2011.
Forumosan avatar
Charlie Phillips
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)
Mahjong Maniac (májiàng mí)

87 Recommends(s)
167 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 23 Mar 2003

Postby John » 03 Apr 2012, 02:46

Which HIV rapid test is used?

What is the test specimen (blood, saliva)?

How is this funded?

Who administers the test?

Do you have any links to online references in Chinese about this service?

And..I also wonder..why gay men only, and how is sexuality determined?
Forumosan avatar
John
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

28 Recommends(s)
22 Recognized(s)
In Taiwan since: 08 Nov 1999

Postby jimipresley » 03 Apr 2012, 02:55

lofaawork wrote:

Still, it's an anonymous test service for whoever needs it :bow:

So who, exactly, are you? Could you please supply some details? This is a community website, and offers of free, confidential HIV tests are generous and welcome. Some specifics, please. :bow:

I could just walk in, claiming to be gay and get a free, "confidential" test, 'cause I'm a man, right?

And, pray tell, why are women excluded from this benefit?
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper

People are stupid everywhere, but there's something childlike and adorable about Taiwanese stupidity. - rowland
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1052 Recommends(s)
389 Recognized(s)

Postby StuartCa » 03 Apr 2012, 10:10

lofaawork wrote: HIV positive is not an issue here in our office :bow:

Maybe not in your office (kind of obvious for an HIV clinic) but don't you still have to tell the government if a foreigner is HIV+?
If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. ~James Michener
Forumosan avatar
StuartCa
Bird Walker (liù niǎo de rén)

15 Recommends(s)
16 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to LGBT Forum