22 YO guy sent to the psyche ward for 56 days for being GAY!

A forum for discussing gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender-related issues, both specific to Taiwan and in general. This forum welcomes people of all sexual orientations to participate and share their opinions and experiences in a mature and safe environment.

Moderator: John

Postby david » 18 Jul 2006, 11:50

Seems he was drugged by his father who had already shopped around to find a hospital that would admit him ...

Su told a press conference yesterday that on April 29 he had had breakfast with his parents at a coffee shop. He had got up to use the lavatory, and on his return noticed some white powder on the rim of his coffee cup but, thinking nothing of it, drank his coffee. Shortly after he fell into a torpor and was taken to Shin Kong Hospital.

Su claimed that on his way to the hospital, even though he was feeling faint, he heard a doctor telling him: "Your father put drugs in your coffee but it is all for your own good."

The hospital then locked him up in a psychiatric ward claiming he was suffering from bipolar disorder and hallucinations, without engaging in a proper diagnosis, the student said .
Forumosan avatar
david
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)
Scooter Commuter (qí jī chē shàng xià bān)

Postby Huang Guang Chen » 18 Jul 2006, 12:00

And further down . . .

Su, who has been plagued with melancholia for more than a year, noted that after his parents found out he was gay in April, they asked Taipei Municipal Wan Fang Hospital to force him to take undergo treatment, a day after he had seen a doctor in the hospital for his melancholia.

Unfortunately, presenting with a complaint can tip the edge.

HG
I'm a wicked young lady, but I've been trying hard lately. Oh fark it! I'm a monster! I admit it!
Forumosan avatar
Huang Guang Chen
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

15 Recommends(s)
44 Recognized(s)

Postby Chris » 18 Jul 2006, 14:24

Truant wrote:Most gay locals I know keep it very well hidden from their families.

Sad, especially in 2006.

Yes, true. I know several gay locals, and I was advised not to tell anyone for fear that the news would cycle back to their parents.
Forumosan avatar
Chris
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

82 Recommends(s)
173 Recognized(s)

Postby ran the man » 18 Jul 2006, 16:05

never mind
free speech is the principle that even those we dislike have the right to free expression
ran the man
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)
Chinese Class Dropout (Zhōngwén kè zhōngchuòshēng)

Postby Namahottie » 18 Jul 2006, 16:13

I also read in TT that the father that the boy suing his family for being locked up is even further evidence of his 'craziness' :lol:
@michellemalkin Just so we're perfectly fucking clear here: You're a crazy fucking shitwad. Enjoy your night. Read more at @MayorEmanuel
Namahottie
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

2 Recommends(s)
5 Recognized(s)

Postby arion » 19 Jul 2006, 11:02

I am acquainted with the guy involved - he's a friend of a friend... This story is kind of bizarre and makes me pause. It certainly does help explain where he went for a few months. I have a lot of sympathy for him...

I'm amazed that he keeps getting in the Apple Daily, TT, etc - this is at least the second time. It's a sad commentary on his family. Although it's a lot better than the Taoyuan woman who stabbed her son in the stomach (he died) because he was 5 minutes late from work (China Post, earlier this week)...
arion
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

Previous

x

Return to LGBT Forum