Taiwanese lesbians and foreign (brown skinned) partners?

A forum for discussing gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender-related issues, both specific to Taiwan and in general. This forum welcomes people of all sexual orientations to participate and share their opinions and experiences in a mature and safe environment.

Moderator: John

Re: Taiwanese lesbians and foreign (brown skinned) partners?

Postby Dr. McCoy » 23 Feb 2010, 11:35

Can I have some money?
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby FransInTaiwan » 23 Feb 2010, 12:02

sooo, yeaaa, how was the "settling in" experience for you guys?

hehe, "dunno which one to choose first"
ended up trying them all, not done yet and getting a huge pain in my back :roflmao:

Seriously; after over 4 years I still don't understand why foreigners here are so highly valued.
Somebody should really tell them that most of them are just a bunch of arrogant pricks (myself included off course).

:bow:
Frans
Work hard, Party harder
FransInTaiwan
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)
Breakfast Store Laoban (zǎocān diàn lǎobǎn)

Postby jazumin.AVENGER » 23 Feb 2010, 13:25

Dr. McCoy wrote:Can I have some money?

if you work for it :popcorn:

FransInTaiwan wrote:Seriously; after over 4 years I still don't understand why foreigners here are so highly valued.
Somebody should really tell them that most of them are just a bunch of arrogant pricks (myself included off course).

ha ha lol. are they/you really? well, that's not good at all! I would figure being on an island where the people outnumber you a few million to one would make you a little somber. i can only imagine the clashes in personalities. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

oh man, is the drama really THAT bad? if you know what I mean.
The philosophy of Zhuang zi puts an emphasis on freedom and carefreeness, so anything that is seen as 'out of the ordinary' is really 'ordinary' according to the natural way of things. . . Ohh burn.
jazumin.AVENGER
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby olm » 24 Feb 2010, 13:53

jazumin.AVENGER wrote:oh yea, its off topic a little, but if any of you have been out to many different clubs/venues, are there any good places with rock/metal style music. I know its mostly hip-hop and all that jazz, but ehhhh, not my scene.

For Rock & Metal, I would generally suggest the following venues:

- "Roxy 99" @ 10min from Guting MRT (club with a pretty OK DJ, especially Wednesday Rock night can be fun... I also saw some western as well as Asian lesbians there - some lesbian couples even looked interested in guys, so Sandman might want to take a look hehe)

- "Velvet Underground" @ Ximending (Live club, sometimes pretty nice metal bands there)

- "The Wall" (haven't been there, but supposedly also good live bands with lots of rock & metal)

- "Maybe" @ 10min from Zhongxiao Dunhua (small bar, mediocre food, good alcohol... have a kind of self-made Karaoke screen for the lyrics of their classic rock music... but you can also ask the DJ for specials, they have some pretty good MP3s on stock... it can be lots of fun singing German RAMMSTEIN songs there hehe)

- "Roxy Roots" @ Neo19 building near 101, near City Hall MRT (raggae style lounge thingie, I was told pretty good live bands once in a while)

Generally, the events section at the right of this website might help: http://www.taipeimetal.com/

Also, just as an idea, the (eastern/yilan?) TWese Surfer scene is supposed to be very cool for just hanging out with, and as you describe yourself you might be fitting in just perfectly :)

Either way, enjoy your stay here! If any better directions then given above are needed, I'll compile some more detailed info for you as well as our fellow rock/metal fans, just let me know. Maybe even in a new topic, if there is no suitable topic available yet - I'll check.

Oh, and be sure to get MSN (everyone uses that here), get on facebook & myspace... and maybe even try http://friends.forumosa.com/ ... No idea if it helps you find a female partner, but for finding friends with similar interests it seems a good (and accepted - as opposed to Europe or US as far as I feel) thing to try there. To use it effectively it costs a bit of money, but might be worth it for you.
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm
Sidewalk Geomancer (lù biān suàn mìng tān)

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby jazumin.AVENGER » 26 Feb 2010, 10:56

thank you so much. i checked out that site and I think I'm all set.

thank you everyone for your insight.
The philosophy of Zhuang zi puts an emphasis on freedom and carefreeness, so anything that is seen as 'out of the ordinary' is really 'ordinary' according to the natural way of things. . . Ohh burn.
jazumin.AVENGER

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby olm » 26 Feb 2010, 11:01

jazumin.AVENGER wrote:thank you so much. i checked out that site and I think I'm all set.

The site about Taiwan Metal or Forumosa friends? ;)
They shall grow not old
As we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We will remember them
Forumosan avatar
olm

Location: Scenic Bavaria, next to a former Messerschmitt factory
16 Recommends(s)
25 Recognized(s)

Postby jazumin.AVENGER » 26 Feb 2010, 17:28

olm wrote:The site about Taiwan Metal or Forumosa friends?

oh sorry :doh:

actually both. for(u)mosa friends i gave up on because I don't like to pay for anything lols. and taipei metal just made me all warm inside. i didn't know the scene was as big as it is. you have no clue how that made me feel a little more at ease knowing there are weirdos like me there as well.

thank you soooo much for that. i owe you! :2cents: lol.
jazumin.AVENGER

ORIGINAL POSTER

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to LGBT Forum