jazumin.AVENGER wrote:oh yea, its off topic a little, but if any of you have been out to many different clubs/venues, are there any good places with rock/metal style music. I know its mostly hip-hop and all that jazz, but ehhhh, not my scene.
For Rock & Metal, I would generally suggest the following venues:
- "Roxy 99" @ 10min from Guting MRT (club with a pretty OK DJ, especially Wednesday Rock night can be fun... I also saw some western as well as Asian lesbians there - some lesbian couples even looked interested in guys, so Sandman might want to take a look hehe)
- "Velvet Underground" @ Ximending (Live club, sometimes pretty nice metal bands there)
- "The Wall" (haven't been there, but supposedly also good live bands with lots of rock & metal)
- "Maybe" @ 10min from Zhongxiao Dunhua (small bar, mediocre food, good alcohol... have a kind of self-made Karaoke screen for the lyrics of their classic rock music... but you can also ask the DJ for specials, they have some pretty good MP3s on stock... it can be lots of fun singing German RAMMSTEIN songs there hehe)
- "Roxy Roots" @ Neo19 building near 101, near City Hall MRT (raggae style lounge thingie, I was told pretty good live bands once in a while)
Generally, the events section at the right of this website might help: http://www.taipeimetal.com/
Also, just as an idea, the (eastern/yilan?) TWese Surfer scene is supposed to be very cool for just hanging out with, and as you describe yourself you might be fitting in just perfectly
Either way, enjoy your stay here! If any better directions then given above are needed, I'll compile some more detailed info for you as well as our fellow rock/metal fans, just let me know. Maybe even in a new topic, if there is no suitable topic available yet - I'll check.
Oh, and be sure to get MSN (everyone uses that here), get on facebook & myspace... and maybe even try http://friends.forumosa.com/
... No idea if it helps you find a female partner, but for finding friends with similar interests it seems a good (and accepted - as opposed to Europe or US as far as I feel) thing to try there. To use it effectively it costs a bit of money, but might be worth it for you.