Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

Lesbian Hang-outs in Taipei?

A forum for discussing gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender-related issues, both specific to Taiwan and in general. This forum welcomes people of all sexual orientations to participate and share their opinions and experiences in a mature and safe environment.

Moderator: John

Re: Lesbian Hang-outs in Taipei?

Postby noblesqualor » 30 Dec 2011, 03:46

Yeah, mountains are tricky like that. Well, let me know if you feel like venturing out, I'd love to go Saturday.
noblesqualor
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

Postby Battery9 » 07 Jan 2012, 16:12

ok calling all lesbiansssssss, a bunch of us are heading out to Taboo tonight. Drop by and say hi
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby noblesqualor » 08 Jan 2012, 00:57

damn it! i wish I'd seen this sooner!
noblesqualor

Postby rhizome » 27 May 2012, 03:05

Hi everyone,

Is Taboo still the place to go, especially on a Saturday? Might wanna drop by some time next week, or a week later when my girlfriend is coming to visit.

I used to live in Shanghai, where I went mostly to gay bars that attracted a foreign audience. Would like to explore both in Taiwan, so any tips or advice are welcome!
rhizome

Postby Battery9 » 27 May 2012, 09:05

yup. Taboo is still the place to go. Lesbian-wise.
Battery9

27 Recognized(s)

Postby rhizome » 28 May 2012, 22:39

Thanks! How about this place called The Jailhouse I found on Utopia? Is it closed?

And Taboo mostly on Saturday?
rhizome

Postby Battery9 » 29 May 2012, 17:57

I don't know if it has closed or not, but I wouldn't put my foot in that place again. I don't drink alcohol when I go out, and I had to pay NT300 to just sit in a tiny place. No dance floor etc. They opened another place called Twiice.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/twiice-N ... 0249510881
Battery9

27 Recognized(s)

Postby rhizome » 01 Jun 2012, 20:09

Ha! Good to know. I will check out Taboo next week, when my girlfriend is here too. I actually also went to Insomnia the other day, a café near Shi-Da.

There were some gay movie posters and one for a local lesbian magazine called LEZS. The two waitresses I talked to (and, by the looks of it, all the others too) were gay, so that was pretty cool! I asked about the magazine and they had a few for me to read. After a few hours of slowly ploughing through the magazines I now know words like 性別雷達 (gaydar) and 變裝皇后 (dragqueen)。Awesome! It's not a gay café per se, but definitively a welcoming environment. :) They also recommended Taboo on Wednesdays for live music, might drop by then.

Hope to meet some of you next week!
rhizome

Postby p.bunny » 08 Jul 2012, 00:14

My friend and I are going to check out Taboo on 7/18. We are both laid back femmes (translation - "P"s) and fun to be with

Any others gay girls interested in going with us shoot me an in-mail.

Cheers :wink:
p.bunny

Postby the.aleph » 22 Jul 2012, 02:45

er, so how was taboo?

i wish I'd checked the board earlier!

ok. so I've been in taipei for 10 days now and would really like to go dancing before i leave in a week. what are the chances of this happening?
the.aleph

1 Recommends(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to LGBT Forum