Advice on trudging through bad days

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Advice on trudging through bad days

Postby Dr. McCoy » 09 Jul 2011, 10:55

Exercise? I might have to try it.
Keep on trucking divea.
Forumosan avatar
Dr. McCoy
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

146 Recommends(s)
95 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 09 Jul 2011, 12:01

Dr. McCoy wrote:Exercise? I might have to try it.
Keep on trucking divea.

Yes Doc, but now the butt clenching is hurting. Oh the morning after!!!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Postby Gao Bohan » 11 Jul 2011, 22:55

jimipresley wrote:Orange juice and a jog? The cure for all of the evils that life flings at you!

No, not orange juice and a jog. A jog and orange juice. :)

A good workout does wonders for my perspective. Obviously, it doesn't really solve anything in and of itself, but it reduces my stress and helps me think more positively and clearly. You should try it. :wink:
Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal. - John F. Kennedy
Forumosan avatar
Gao Bohan
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)
Thinking of Staging a Coup (xiǎng yào gǎo zhèng biàn)

163 Recommends(s)
300 Recognized(s)

Postby Tomas » 11 Jul 2011, 23:21

Cleaning the house and exercising cure a lot of ills for me. Something about reducing clutter settles my mind, and there's nothing like a natural high after a good sweat.

That, and taking action on things, particularly where the action involves serving another person, always sets me straight.

Hope you are feeling better divea.
Come on baby, you know you my home slice.
Tomas
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

142 Recommends(s)
168 Recognized(s)

Postby divea » 11 Jul 2011, 23:40

Tomas wrote:Cleaning the house and exercising cure a lot of ills for me. Something about reducing clutter settles my mind, and there's nothing like a natural high after a good sweat.

That, and taking action on things, particularly where the action involves serving another person, always sets me straight.

Hope you are feeling better divea.

Cleaning the house is WORK. And its not soothing for me at all. I've been without help for more than 2 months now, and I am ready to get bonded labour (it's a joke PC police) or invest in a robot.

Serving another person??? Call me selfish, but when I am down, I usually like some servicing myself! :D

I am fine now, thanks....everything's SNAFU!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea

ORIGINAL POSTER
367 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Open Forum