A test for Women by Marcus Buckingham

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

A test for Women by Marcus Buckingham

Postby divea » 14 Jul 2011, 02:49

http://www.tmbc.com/assets/sc/fysl/strong-life-test.html

This is mostly about career choices,but it's great for the woman in your life who feels stuck in her job and is looking for a change. And if nothing, she wouldn't mind looking at Marcus himself, he's a cutie!

To me he says, I'm an 'Advisor'

Your smartest career move:
Any job where you’re paid to be opinionated

:roflmao:

But he's not half as bad as other Executive/Life coaches. Atleast he's pretty!
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea
Retired President (tuì xiū de zǒng tǒng)

ORIGINAL POSTER
362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

Re: A test for Women by Marcus Buckingham

Postby twonavels » 14 Jul 2011, 19:24

I'm a motivator. The supporting role is influencer. What is the supporting role? What was yours, divea?

motivator:
You are acutely aware of the energy in the room, and you feel compelled to do what you can to elevate it. You do this with your outlook—you are an instinctively optimistic person.
Your best quality:
Your infectious energy
Always:
Step in and take responsibility for the group
Be careful you:
Don’t get sucked dry by emotional vampires
Any job where you’re paid to keep a group of people excited.
Forumosan avatar
twonavels
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

4 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: A test for Women by Marcus Buckingham

Postby divea » 14 Jul 2011, 19:44

My supporting role was Creator. Here it is

YOUR
LEAD ROLE
ADVISOR
You begin by asking:
'What is the best thing to do?'
Your thrill comes from knowing that you are the person others turn to for the answer. You don’t necessarily want to be the person who actually makes the changes happen. Rather, what excites you is being valued by others for your insight and your judgment.
Your best quality:
Your ability to find a solution
Always:
Search for data to support your advice
Be careful you:
Don’t get frustrated by other people’s failings
Any job where you’re paid to be opinionated
YOUR
SUPPORTING ROLE
CREATOR
You begin by asking:
'What do I understand?'
You aren’t immune to the feelings and perspectives of others, but your starting point is your own insight, your own understanding.
Your best quality:
Your ability to find patterns invisible to others
Always:
Find time to be by yourself
Be careful you:
Don’t think so long, you never do anything
Any job where you’re paid to produce new content.

The one thing that was bang on target was, how I see patterns. I really do, in people's behaviours. And that too correctly. (Sandman, I saw that wisecrack, don't say it) I have been looking for Master's degree courses for School Counselling.......Univ. Of Phoenix to be precise, and this test just confirmed for me that, that's what I want to do. Now whether or not I can pay for it is another matter.
"It is the weak who are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong. "
- Leo Roston
divea

ORIGINAL POSTER
362 Recommends(s)
116 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Open Forum