Flashmob discussion

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Flashmob discussion

Postby the bear » 14 Feb 2012, 11:54

Odysseus wrote:Ideal day (http://www.facebook.com/Idealday) is holding a flash mob

How to attend this event?
It’s easy. Gather at the park near Exit 3 of MRT Taipei City Hall Station at 2 pm on Feb. 18th. We’ll inform the time when the activity start and arrange the flash mob. Later, each of you walks into the Xinyi Vieshow Square separately. As the signal (airhorn) occurs around 3 pm,  take off your paints and dance freely. Then all done and dismiss.

The recommendation of clothing: the wearing can make a violent contrast after taking off. A suit with any short will be better. Any uniform hat, school bag or other accessory is recommended.

The purpose of the activity is to let people know: even we live in a rich and self-sufficient city. there are still lots of poor children and teenagers fighting for survival and education diligently in every corner of the city. The activity itself maybe not help them directly and materially, but it can spread the idea to the society and more people that those children and teenagers need us help. Come! Join us! You can be the hero of poor students, too!

"take off your paints" :ponder:

lip my tights!
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear
Thinking of Having Kids (xiǎng yào shēng xiǎo hái)

ORIGINAL POSTER
30 Recommends(s)
117 Recognized(s)

Re: Flashmob on Saturday

Postby sandman » 14 Feb 2012, 12:17

The purpose of the activity is to let people know: even we live in a rich and self-sufficient city. there are still lots of poor children and teenagers fighting for survival and education diligently in every corner of the city. The activity itself maybe not help them directly and materially, but it can spread the idea to the society and more people that those children and teenagers need us help.

How? I presume that by "paints" you mean "pants." How exactly does showing my penis and balls in a public place spread the idea that people need help? Apart, of course, from the naked dude in the street. If I saw ME naked in the street, I'd probably think "that dude needs HELP!"

This post was recommended by ChewDawg (14 Feb 2012, 15:10)
Rating: 4%
sandman
Manjusri (Wénshū)

28 Recommends(s)
199 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 14 Feb 2012, 12:20

The activity itself maybe not help them directly and materially, but it can spread the idea to the society and more people that those children and teenagers need us help.

Cuz thinking bout sumthin is just like doin sumthin, yo!
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby jdsmith » 14 Feb 2012, 12:21

How exactly does showing my penis and balls in a public place spread the idea that people need help?

They'd stop eating shrimp?
Your warning level: [1]
Forumosan avatar
jdsmith
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

56 Recognized(s)

Postby Jaboney » 14 Feb 2012, 13:05

Odysseus wrote:The purpose of the activity is to let people know: even we live in a rich and self-sufficient city. there are still lots of poor children and teenagers fighting for survival and education diligently in every corner of the city. The activity itself maybe not help them directly and materially, but it can spread the idea to the society and more people that those children and teenagers need us help.

Yeah, that'll do it.
FFS, why don't you go planking for peace...
...or to save stray dogs...

It would be nearly as useless and look at least as stupid. Easier to organize too.

"Look, Mom. I helped poor kids by acting like a six-year old on a sugar high. Today, I changed the world!"

What the hell's wrong with our emoticons? No face palm? No self-lovin'?
Forumosan avatar
Jaboney
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

22 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 14 Feb 2012, 13:07

Odysseus wrote:Join us! You can be the hero of poor students, too!

If poor students think someone is a hero for doing this sort of activity, they're likely to remain poor and stupid. :lol:

Wow, Jaboney thinks it is a useless idea too? :lol: Man, I remember being suspended for 2 weeks a few years back for criticizing the cheapness of the Canada Society for using Tim Hortons coffee :lol: :lol: Was told never to criticize community events.

That Jaboney is now seeing the uselessness of some community endeavors makes me think he's becoming more jaded! :lol: :wink: :bravo:
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg
Gravel Truck Driver (suìshí chē sījī)

112 Recommends(s)
96 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 14 Feb 2012, 13:26

Odysseus,
I don't know if you're serious or not, but what childish drivel. Childish left-wing drivel. You make me want to put on my perfectly polished black leather boots and reach for my baton. Riot squad, Charge!!
If you want to help poor students, easy - teach them for free. My wife and I have been doing it for years. It's not a big deal for us but it makes a difference. The students generally appreciate it too - they're obviously all from poor families (dirt-poor farmers, unemployed, or often the father has died young and the mother can't afford to send the kids to evening classes).
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby ChewDawg » 14 Feb 2012, 13:33

almas john wrote: You make me want to put on my perfectly polished black leather boots and reach for my baton. Riot squad, Charge!!

Never realized you are such a fan of the Village People :wink: :lol: Reaching for your baton? :eek:

If you want to help poor students, easy - teach them for free. My wife and I have been doing it for years. It's not a big deal for us but it makes a difference. The students generally appreciate it too - they're obviously all from poor families (dirt-poor farmers, unemployed, or often the father has died young and the mother can't afford to send the kids to evening classes).

They didn't pay you in hop yields?
So I got an expresso and a hot burrito!
Forumosan avatar
ChewDawg

112 Recommends(s)
96 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 14 Feb 2012, 14:34

Sometimes this site can be very depressing and unwelcoming. The kid wants to organise a flashmob, not have a bunch of old cunts disparage him.

The activity itself maybe not help them directly and materially, but it can spread the idea.
They understand that this isn't making a profound and direct impact, but they still have an idea that they want to do something. Good for them!

To Odysseus, please ignore the supposedly mature posts from people on here. You'd think as they are all practically founding members of this place they'd have long since scratched their itch to treat newcomers with scorn, whilst pointlessly picking at old wounds to see if they can make them permanent scars. It seems as these chumps get older they still find the same fun in playing the same stupid games. A long way from home they abandon their sense of morality and live by their own childish codes.

Someone who likely has posted here for 5+ years will be along to shit on your attempts to use English in a minute... :wink:
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

102 Recommends(s)
347 Recognized(s)

Postby the bear » 14 Feb 2012, 14:40

superking wrote:Sometimes this site can be very depressing and unwelcoming. The kid wants to organise a flashmob, not have a bunch of old cunts disparage him.

The activity itself maybe not help them directly and materially, but it can spread the idea.
They understand that this isn't making a profound and direct impact, but they still have an idea that they want to do something. Good for them!

To Odysseus, please ignore the supposedly mature posts from people on here. You'd think as they are all practically founding members of this place they'd have long since scratched their itch to treat newcomers with scorn, whilst pointlessly picking at old wounds to see if they can make them permanent scars. It seems as these chumps get older they still find the same fun in playing the same stupid games. A long way from home they abandon their sense of morality and live by their own childish codes.

Someone who likely has posted here for 5+ years will be along to shit on your attempts to use English in a minute... :wink:

Sometimes ye olde cunts have a point. As AJ said, why not actually teach these kids instead of making dicks of yourselves? A lot of universities here have volunteer programs where you can help disadvantaged kids with their homework and act as a mentor.

I'd have more respect for the OP if he'd just posted saying "we're gonna have a flash mob just for yucks".
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Forumosan avatar
the bear

ORIGINAL POSTER
30 Recommends(s)
117 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Next

Proceed to Open Forum