Sanctuary being torn down. We need your help!!! - click here for details
You can also visit TheSanctuaryTaiwan.org - click here to go to their contact page

When you feel life handed you a bad deck

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: When you feel life handed you a bad deck

Postby crystaleye » 11 Mar 2012, 15:44

tommy525 wrote:LIfe indeed can be pretty shitty. And sometimes, it seems you cant go on. But heres my little mental snippet that i keep with me when times are tough. I see life as a book. Each persons life is a book. Each day is a page. When a milestone is reached a new chapter has begun and the old chapter has finished. As you live each daily eventually a new chapter will come. Some chapters have more character building elements and perhaps are harder to read. IN short , they could be tougher chapters. And unfortunately , sometimes , good things just like bad things come to pass. But other times the reverse happens. Or a good thing passes which brings sorrow, but soon another good thing comes!

When I lose a girlfriend , its sad but I think about how our books had each other in this chapter but her book leads to new things which she must follow , while mine has a different story. Different isnt always bad. And we may have to practice tolerance and understanding and acceptance.

NO matter what happens, one should turn the page. Even if the next page brings still more hardship and unhappiness, eventually a new chapter will start. That next chapter could bring a startling revelation to you about the whyness and whyforth of your past chapter. Turn the page , live each day. Have faith and hope and steer your course towards what is good for others best you can and thereby you will possible discover it is also good for you.

Turn the page or YOUR book of life will end prematurely . And if you finish YOUR book early, you have done yourself and many others a dis-service . For you know not what the morrow shall bring. But live today as best you can and your morrow will take care of itself. For those who end their lives early, they may one day sit with a higher power who will reveal the chapters they missed and they will come to understand it was something they shouldnt have missed.

Sometimes we really have not a whole lot to go on except hope, strength of character, a desire to do good, a sense of forgiveness .

My dad used to say, we are all self made men, just that most of us refuse to accept the part we played to make us who we are. Well, accept it, stop blaming others, you played a major role too, even if its not your fault. Go on to the next page and just keep on doing whats right and whats good and overcome your negatives and focus on the positives.

My manager always liked to say "major on the majors" . That means dont focus on the minor things in life ,because that is minor indeed.

Since we are all sponges, lets all try to absorb the positives in life and wring out the negatives.

p.s. to answer the above question. It would appear the motivation to end ones life in such a situation is indeed very strong. But I would try to go on best i can . How long did Mandela sit in prison in SA? Eventually he came back as President of the republic. I am sure it was no picnic being in jail that long.

An indomitable human spirit is an essence provided by God against evil.

This is the major fallacy with human lives. They think that tomorrow will always bring about a million dollars, a better job, a sexier wife, a bigger house, a faster car..

Little do humans realize that all these material delusions are only hindering us from achieving a higher state of existence.

The best outcome of any life, whether it be a street beggar, a busty starlet turned high-heel basher or a billionaire politician is death.

Death is the only hero who free us from the chains shackling our minds. Death is the only savior tearing the veil of illusion from our eyes.

All those pages between the beginning and the end of the book? They are just time wasters.

Just go read the end of the book and be done with it.
The war is mine!

這局我贏定了!
crystaleye
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

34 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby crystaleye » 11 Mar 2012, 15:46

Muzha Man wrote:
*monkey* wrote:Sat TV, the more stigmatized an act is, the less likely people are to engage in that act.

Yes, that's worked very well with premarital sex hasn't it? :D

But the reason the Church opposes suicide is that suicidal despair means you have given up on the possibility of God's grace which is unforgivable.

The Church opposes suicide because if ever mankind realizes this life on planet earth is a sham, then the fake guilt of committing suicide is the one last thing standing between the soul of a man and complete freedom.
The war is mine!

這局我贏定了!
crystaleye

34 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 11 Mar 2012, 15:53

crystaleye wrote:This is the major fallacy with human lives. They think that tomorrow will always bring about a million dollars, a better job, a sexier wife, a bigger house, a faster car..

Little do humans realize that all these material delusions are only hindering us from achieving a higher state of existence.

The best outcome of any life, whether it be a street beggar, a busty starlet turned high-heel basher or a billionaire politician is death.

Death is the only hero who free us from the chains shackling our minds. Death is the only savior tearing the veil of illusion from our eyes.

All those pages between the beginning and the end of the book? They are just time wasters.

Just go read the end of the book and be done with it.

Wow, you've talked yourself into quite a messy outlook. I hope you don't discover a product called rope and a place called the woods otherwise some poor dude with a dog is going to find your misinformed carcass employing both some day soon. Cheer up. Life is brilliant.
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

87 Recommends(s)
324 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 11 Mar 2012, 23:39

crystaleye wrote:
This is the major fallacy with human lives. They think that tomorrow will always bring about a million dollars, a better job, a sexier wife, a bigger house, a faster car..
unquote

Actually, it isnt about a million dollars , a better job, a sexier wife , a bigger house or a faster car. The key is to find how how to be happy with your situation. How to live with what you can't change but indeed to strive to change what you can change towards the betterment of yourself and others.

Death is not the end to which we should strive, because we do not need to strive for that.

That part is already a given . Its what happens before we die that is going to make a difference (or not).

Its the lessons in life learned that we can hopefully take with us.

If your outlook is so bleak that you think truly that the ultimate happiness is death, then you are already on the wrong track and your time is closer then you may think.

But perhaps this is your last warnings that you can still make a change and make a shift towards a new state of mind, leading to a new state of being.
Savage - what a nice performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCMjEb68ds
Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
582 Recommends(s)
367 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 12 Mar 2012, 11:59

Cheer up you fuckers.
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby crystaleye » 15 Mar 2012, 08:45

tommy525 wrote:crystaleye wrote:
unquote

Actually, it isnt about a million dollars , a better job, a sexier wife , a bigger house or a faster car. The key is to find how how to be happy with your situation. How to live with what you can't change but indeed to strive to change what you can change towards the betterment of yourself and others.

Death is not the end to which we should strive, because we do not need to strive for that.

That part is already a given . Its what happens before we die that is going to make a difference (or not).

Its the lessons in life learned that we can hopefully take with us.

If your outlook is so bleak that you think truly that the ultimate happiness is death, then you are already on the wrong track and your time is closer then you may think.

But perhaps this is your last warnings that you can still make a change and make a shift towards a new state of mind, leading to a new state of being.

The ultimate happiness is of course not death but departure of this physical existence into a spiritual existence.

Death is but one way to leave this material physical existence for a higher spiritual existence.

As far as I am concerned, humanity are leading very limited lives full of suffering. They concern themselves with nothing but the fulfillment of their desires.

Why do you think we only use 5% of our brains? Think about that.

We are trapped by our physical bodies and most of us don't even know it.
The war is mine!

這局我贏定了!
crystaleye

34 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 16 Mar 2012, 07:43

well since you are stuck in your physical body for the time being, make the most of it.

I know what my 95pct of my brain i aint using is doing tho. ... they be xraying the (OMG SO PRETTY ) taiwanese girls !!

Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
582 Recommends(s)
367 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 16 Mar 2012, 08:26

tommy525 wrote:well since you are stuck in your physical body for the time being, make the most of it.

I know what my 95pct of my brain i aint using is doing tho. ... they be xraying the (OMG SO PRETTY ) taiwanese girls !!

LOL! Tommy that is a HUGE amount of sub-concious mental downloads, be careful you don't get any sort of virus :)
Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby crystaleye » 17 Mar 2012, 16:26

tommy525 wrote:well since you are stuck in your physical body for the time being, make the most of it.

do you xray this girl as well?
The war is mine!

這局我贏定了!
crystaleye

34 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby tommy525 » 18 Mar 2012, 08:08

i fall in love bout every 2 mins on the average MRT ride . SUre some of the girls may be partly manufactured, but theres plenty that have enough natural beauty. Humma humma.

Forumosan avatar
tommy525
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

ORIGINAL POSTER
582 Recommends(s)
367 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
PreviousNext

Proceed to Open Forum