My friend committed suicide there...help

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: My friend committed suicide there...help

Postby alohabiscuit » 01 Apr 2012, 00:44

Well, they took down the article before I could print it for his mother. Strange.
alohabiscuit
Ink Still Wet in Passport (shífēn xīnshǒu)

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby headhonchoII » 01 Apr 2012, 13:44

ichbinjenny wrote:Question: If he was married to a Taiwanese woman and hence has family here, why would they wait for a family member from the US to come? Is it because the US-based family has been in contact with the police/etc? (Like, if I were married, wouldn't my husband be responsible for my body?)

I guess there will always be questions about spouses deaths in such circumstances, I would say it's a good thing to investigate from all sides. There have been some cases in Taiwan before that related to insurance claims, although it seems this case has already ruled that out. Sorry for the family's loss.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1718 Recommends(s)
622 Recognized(s)

Postby crystaleye » 06 Apr 2012, 10:11

He is in a better place now than you or me. There's no need to feel sad for him.

I feel kinda jealous of him, actually.
The war is mine!

這局我贏定了!
crystaleye
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Chair-throwing Legislator (rēng yǐzi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

34 Recommends(s)
3 Recognized(s)

Postby irishstu » 06 Apr 2012, 10:33

TheGingerMan wrote:May his soul rest in peace.

Indeed.

Very sorry for all affected by this.
"I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar."

DIY guitar projects
Forumosan avatar
irishstu
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)
Golden Lotus (huángjīn liánhuā)

88 Recommends(s)
52 Recognized(s)

Postby alohabiscuit » 07 Apr 2012, 08:57

The longer this drags on...the more suspicious it seems to me.
alohabiscuit

ORIGINAL POSTER

Postby Usagirala » 25 Apr 2012, 11:13

alohabiscuit wrote:The longer this drags on...the more suspicious it seems to me.

I am sorry for your loss. It's really sad. Did someone from his family ever make it out here?
Usagirala

Postby Battery9 » 25 Apr 2012, 11:34

such a sad story. It says he was planning to go home in June..was his wife going to go with? Are there no security cameras around? I don't know him but if the information about the drinking problem and previous suicidal thoughts are correct, I can understand why the police didn't look into it further. It is strange that he took his dog with, I wouldn't want my dogs to see that..but also, I think the most while I'm sitting down while my dogs run around...

Poor family.
Battery9
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)
Presidential Advisor (zǒng tǒng gù wèn)

27 Recognized(s)

Postby Teddoman » 26 Apr 2012, 00:18

What a terrible story...sorry for your loss.

I may be missing something, but, doesn't the wife have the family's phone number, and shouldn't they already be in direct contact with his parents? Even being in Taiwan, one would think she would find a way to call immediately. Since she was the one that discovered him, doesn't she know everything there is to know, excluding foul play? I can't imagine there's anything in a news report that she doesn't already know. It just seems like maybe there's something amiss if the wife isn't grieving together and communicating with his family.
Teddoman
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)
Shoe-wielding Legislator (huīwǔ xiézi de lìfǎ wěiyuán)

12 Recommends(s)
10 Recognized(s)

Postby Indiana » 26 Apr 2012, 00:23

Teddoman wrote:What a terrible story...sorry for your loss.

I may be missing something, but, doesn't the wife have the family's phone number, and shouldn't they already be in direct contact with his parents? Even being in Taiwan, one would think she would find a way to call immediately. Since she was the one that discovered him, doesn't she know everything there is to know, excluding foul play? I can't imagine there's anything in a news report that she doesn't already know. It just seems like maybe there's something amiss if the wife isn't grieving together and communicating with his family.

That was exactly what I was thinking while reading this thread. Where is the wife in all of this? Why isn't she informing the family of the details of what has happened??? It seems like the family is totally in the dark, depending on an online forum for help getting information.
Forumosan avatar
Indiana
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)
Mandarin Marvel (Guóyǔ gāoshǒu)

5 Recommends(s)
39 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Proceed to Open Forum