Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals Forbidden from doing Manipulation? WTF?!!!

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals Forbidden from doing Manipulation? WTF?!!!

Postby Zla'od » 29 Apr 2012, 11:32

Dan2006, I agree with you about the drug industry, and sympathize with your skepticism towards Western medicine. I encourage you to apply the same skepticsm towards Chinese medicine.
“What part of a woman is the yet, anyway? I heard there was a fight here in Tulsa, and a woman was shot in the fracas. The doc said the bullet is in her yet. And how did the bullet get in her yet, when she was shot in the fracas?"
Zla'od
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)
Martyr's Shrine Guard (zhōngliècí wèibīng)

Re: Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals Forbidden from doing Manipulation? WTF?!!!

Postby dan2006 » 29 Apr 2012, 11:58

Zla'od wrote:Dan2006, I agree with you about the drug industry, and sympathize with your skepticism towards Western medicine. I encourage you to apply the same skepticsm towards Chinese medicine.

I would agree with that reasoning in normal circumstances but since it has worked for me, I can't rightly criticize it.
dan2006
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)
Combat Zone Mama-san (zhànqū māma sāng)

Postby MilesFromNeihu » 20 Oct 2015, 16:31

Taiwan_Student wrote:As of April, I learned, that all Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals are forbidden from using manipulation or deep massages.

My wife said that this law was passed by "Western Doctors" trying to protect themselves from competition. But that is only what she heard.

I noticed this sudden change when it hit my local TCM clinic on Chung Gong Road in Neihu (since closed). I suspected at the time that the Western medicos were probably behind it. Can't find any articles about it, but it was a huge blow to the practitioners and to the public. The bastards do have a way of taking all the fun out of being sick, or injured.
MilesFromNeihu
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

Postby the bear » 20 Oct 2015, 16:54

MilesFromNeihu wrote:
Taiwan_Student wrote:As of April, I learned, that all Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals are forbidden from using manipulation or deep massages.

My wife said that this law was passed by "Western Doctors" trying to protect themselves from competition. But that is only what she heard.

I noticed this sudden change when it hit my local TCM clinic on Chung Gong Road in Neihu (since closed). I suspected at the time that the Western medicos were probably behind it. Can't find any articles about it, but it was a huge blow to the practitioners and to the public. The bastards do have a way of taking all the fun out of being sick, or injured.

Couldn't be further from the truth. The problem is that western chiropractic is not recognized as a legitimate forms of treatment here. TCM clinics can still offer 整骨 but it has to have a separate entrance to the clinic and the guy isn't allowed to wear a white coat. Massage is done by the blind and they oppose TCM clinics offering related services.
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
the bear
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)
Generalissimo (dàyuánshuài)

In Taiwan since: 23 Aug 1990

Postby Parcival » 01 Nov 2015, 18:55

the bear wrote:the guy isn't allowed to wear a white coat. Massage is done by the blind and they oppose TCM clinics offering related services.

Yes folks... a white coat and most people seem to submit to any rubbish they are being told by the idiot wearing it. Sad... in the US alone more than 200k people die just because they follow doctors orders. More than 100'000 people die in US hospitals alone due to "properly described" drugs (Journal of the American Medial Association). Worse: the National Council for Patient Information and Education reported that an additional 125,000 deaths occur annually due to adverse reactions to drugs that the physician never should have prescribed.

All brought to you by an industry approaching a Trillion Dollar magnitude... A Trillion Dollars that are NOT made with people who stay healthy. TCM and other alternative therapies that are effective for millenia (sufficient evidence is around) do not contribute to that Trillion Dollars. To all skeptics: great! be skeptical, but at least be skeptical across the board. It just takes common sense and a bit of observation to see the the politics driving the quackery called "conventional medicine".
Parcival
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

In Taiwan since: 01 Sep 2014

Postby jimipresley » 01 Nov 2015, 19:18

Parcival wrote:... TCM and other alternative therapies that are effective for millenia (sufficient evidence is around)...

I'd love to see that evidence. Do you have any links to such evidence that aren't anecdotal? Please share. :bow:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

In Taiwan since: 07 Apr 2001

Postby Parcival » 01 Nov 2015, 23:15

jimipresley wrote:
Parcival wrote:... TCM and other alternative therapies that are effective for millenia (sufficient evidence is around)...

I'd love to see that evidence. Do you have any links to such evidence that aren't anecdotal? Please share. :bow:

Evidence are all those individuals who successfully manage their health issues via the said alternatives to conventional medicine. I'm one of them. Evidence is all around but the "medical establishment" conveniently chooses to ignore whatever does not fit in it's paradigm. Throughout history careers and infantile politics have always been more important than facts.

Evidence that is not anecdotal? No you wont hear any of this in CNN, BBC, FOX news, a medical journal or clinical studies that are conveniently twisted to please a sponsor. Is that really surprising after looking back throughout history?

But you wanted evidence: PM me (anybody for that matter) and I will show you evidence on a face to face basis - if that topic is worth a bit of your time :)
Parcival
Grasshopper (cǎo měng)

In Taiwan since: 01 Sep 2014

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.
Previous

Return to Open Forum