Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals Forbidden from doing Manipulation? WTF?!!!

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals Forbidden from doing Manipulation? WTF?!!!

Postby Zla'od » 29 Apr 2012, 11:32

Dan2006, I agree with you about the drug industry, and sympathize with your skepticism towards Western medicine. I encourage you to apply the same skepticsm towards Chinese medicine.
"The verbs used in the most important Pali Suttas on mindfulness – the Satipaṭṭhāna and Mahā-Satipaṭṭhāna Suttas (M no. and D no. respectively) – are assasati and passasati, i.e.’ inhale’ and ‘exhale’. The same verbs are used in the Kāyagatāsati Sutta and Ānāpānasati Sutta (M no. 118 and 119 respectively). Although the Ānāpānasati Sutta uses the nouns āna and apāna in its title, it reverts to assasati and passasati in the discourse itself. The author of this article should try reading the Pali texts cited rather than drawing inferences from the title of a single text. Had he done so, he would see that the Pali texts prescribe no such thing as farting meditation." --"Mr. Dangle," responding to Eisel Mazard on New Mandala
Zla'od
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)
Night Market Cop (yè shì tiáo zi)

56 Recognized(s)

Re: Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospitals Forbidden from doing Manipulation? WTF?!!!

Postby dan2006 » 29 Apr 2012, 11:58

Zla'od wrote:Dan2006, I agree with you about the drug industry, and sympathize with your skepticism towards Western medicine. I encourage you to apply the same skepticsm towards Chinese medicine.

I would agree with that reasoning in normal circumstances but since it has worked for me, I can't rightly criticize it.
dan2006
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

52 Recommends(s)
56 Recognized(s)

Previous

x

Return to Open Forum