va engls alfbet is tarabl

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Re: va engls alfbet is tarabl

Postby Confuzius » 04 May 2012, 17:48

Super Hans wrote:Tehre is nthoing worng wtih the Enlgsih alpahebt. I'ts fnie and has wroekd wlel for hundrdes of yares. Hoewvwwr, as lnog as the lsat and frist ltters are in the crorcet palce, readnig is not dfifciult bceause the barin lokos and idnetfiies tsehe ltteres and asusmes or prdeicts waht the wrod soulhd be in cnotxet.
iterensitng, heh?

This honestly reminds me of Hebrew, which is written without vowels (except for children and American Jews who like to sing Hebrew prayers like "Almighty God will rain fiery wrath upon ye" to the tune of "Its a small world after all" or "Yellow Submarine"...I kid you not).

But you cannot read Hebrew without the vowels if you do not know the meaning of the words. Once you can understand Hebrew pretty well and have a large vocabulary, vowels actually slow you down.
"Knowledge alone is transitory, the outcrop subsequent to 'I desire all things'". - A. O. Spare
Confuzius
Betelnut Beauty (bīnglang Xī Shī)

113 Recommends(s)
76 Recognized(s)

Postby Steviebike » 04 May 2012, 18:00

I love vangelis, great band. Chariots of fire is my favourite track

Just checking but you're a South African Engrish Teachur right? No. I'm a Russian nuclear physicist.
Forumosan avatar
Steviebike

70 Recommends(s)
80 Recognized(s)

Postby Super Hans » 04 May 2012, 18:28

Du du du deh duh duh. Du duh de deh duh. Du duh deh de duh duh. Du duh deh de duh.

Di deh du deh der, deh du deh du, Di deh du deh dee. Di deh du deh dee, der du deh duh, Der di der der duh.
The bones got the wrong detail I hoped it would have for you
Safe for a shin bone or even a hand
It's such a lonely ride...
Forumosan avatar
Super Hans
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)
Street Dog Chaser (zhuīgǎn liúlàng gǒu)

42 Recommends(s)
149 Recognized(s)

Postby grandfeller » 04 May 2012, 20:36

Super Hans wrote:Du du du deh duh duh. Du duh de deh duh. Du duh deh de duh duh. Du duh deh de duh.

Di deh du deh der, deh du deh du, Di deh du deh dee. Di deh du deh dee, der du deh duh, Der di der der duh.

Wow, Super Hans, you have a great voice.
grandfeller
Memorized My Password (gāng jìhǎo zìjǐ de mìmǎ)

12 Recommends(s)
4 Recognized(s)

Postby jimipresley » 04 May 2012, 20:37

grandfeller wrote:
Super Hans wrote:Du du du deh duh duh. Du duh de deh duh. Du duh deh de duh duh. Du duh deh de duh.

Wow, Super Hans, you have a great voice.

Yeah. I LOVE the acapella version! :thumbsup:
You can live here and have a great life and not be the least bit into living the local life. Clowns will try to diss you for it saying you gotta get down with the program, but fuck em, treat this place like a buffet and yous be on a diet. Take what you want and nothing extra, slam those oysters, but leave the bread sticks and dinner rolls behind. - Deuce Dropper

I'm much more of a nasty rotter in real life, especially with vapid or vacuous verbiage from the ill read & intellectually challenged. - TheGingerMan

Don't be a cheap cunt. - Deuce Dropper
Forumosan avatar
jimipresley
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

941 Recommends(s)
354 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 05 May 2012, 04:54

grandfeller wrote:I favor re-engineering the English writing system.

In favour of what? Some kind of a slant such as a new and improved esperanto?
If so, what a load of shite!
English is such a beautiful language; as it can somehow hold the historical timeline of a past, present, and future in the very use of its own diction. It readily adapts, and at the same time, casts off new expressions, from all those that the mother tongue moistens, whilst keeping such opine of the past and present at least well read by the future. At least so far,.................................

I am all for new expression, but if that means cutting off the great veins of the past, then, I guess we shall see you at the watering hole.
"Turne ye to the strong hold, ye prisoners of hope,
even to day do I declare that I will render double unto thee:"

~~~ZECHARIAH 9:12

"Or fill high hawkfell of my hand,
with skalds reward for skilled word?"

~~~Egill Skallagrimssøn, c.974

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk

This post was recommended by jimipresley (05 May 2012, 10:59)
Rating: 5.88%
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan
Bureaucrat of the Underworld (cóng dìyù lái de guānliáo)

3 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 05 May 2012, 05:30

TheGingerMan wrote:

English is such a beautiful language; as it can somehow hold the historical timeline of a past, present, and future in the very use of it's own diction. It readily adapts, and at the same time, casts off new expressions, from all those that the mother tongue moistens, whilst keeping such opine of the past and present at least well read by the future. At least so far,.................................

I am all for new expression, but if that means cutting off the great veins of the past, then, I guess we shall see you at the watering hole.

America will use simplified English while other English countries use this debate lulz
akikaki1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby superking » 05 May 2012, 06:24

TheGingerMan wrote:

English is such a beautiful language; as it can somehow hold the historical timeline of a past, present, and future in the very use of it's own diction. It readily adapts, and at the same time, casts off new expressions, from all those that the mother tongue moistens, whilst keeping such opine of the past and present at least well read by the future. At least so far,.................................

You leave the guy alone. He is the new Tom Hill.
There are millions of people in the world. And none of those people is an extra. They're all leads in their own stories.

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced. That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
superking
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)
Lost Winning Lotto Ticket (zhòngjiǎng cǎiquàn nòngdiū le)

81 Recommends(s)
303 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 05 May 2012, 06:49

akikaki1 wrote:America will use simplified English while other English countries use this debate lulz

America has produced in literature some of the most outstanding use of English. I kneed not even mention any examples, if such smegwash for the Amerikan modern generation Zero use such a pitiful attempt at discourse.

"Opinion is underrated since it is too difficult for most and not understood by the rest."
~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan

3 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

Postby TheGingerMan » 05 May 2012, 06:51

superking wrote:You leave the guy alone. He is the new Tom Hill.

I beg to differ.
Tom Hill, may he rest in piece, could never be replicated.

~~~elektronisk
Forumosan avatar
TheGingerMan

3 Recommends(s)
213 Recognized(s)

PreviousNext

x

Return to Open Forum