bussinessinsider article on taiwan

Welcome to the Open Forum - the discussion forum for topics that don't quite fit anywhere else. Fair warning: Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Moderators: Tempo Gain, TheGingerMan, Rockefeller

Forum rules
Posts may be moved at the moderators' discretion to a more appropriate forum. Posts that are especially silly will probably end up in either the Fun and Games Forum or the Temporary Forum.

Postby akikaki1 » 14 May 2012, 10:25

http://www.businessinsider.com/taiwan-t ... ina-2012-5

in another decade the west well be sprinting trying to get into the glorious lands as they work all day in factories for less then a dollar as they come here to worship the beatiful han
akikaki1
English Teacher with Headband (bǎng tóujīn de Yīngwén lǎoshī)

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Re: bussinessinsider article on taiwan

Postby Formosa Fitness » 14 May 2012, 11:37

Excellent. Thanks for sharing the article. I'm fairly optimistic about the economy here.
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness
Fried Chicken-Parts Vendor (yán sū jī xiǎofàn)

99 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby almas john » 14 May 2012, 11:45

Excellent??? Mr. Fitness, did you actually read the article? Absolutely unreadable. It looks like it's been run through translation software by a couple of coolies.
No wonder no writer has put his name to the piece. The coolies responsible should be tracked down and horse-whipped, or, if cute and of the female variety, given a jolly good spanking.
almas john
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)
Former City Mayor (qiánrèn shìzhǎng)

24 Recommends(s)
60 Recognized(s)

Postby Formosa Fitness » 14 May 2012, 17:53

almas john wrote:Excellent??? Mr. Fitness, did you actually read the article? Absolutely unreadable. It looks like it's been run through translation software by a couple of coolies.
No wonder no writer has put his name to the piece. The coolies responsible should be tracked down and horse-whipped, or, if cute and of the female variety, given a jolly good spanking.

Try a bran muffin. I meant the prognosis is good and that's all I care about.
We are a foreign owned and operated full service gym in Taipei specializing in serious fitness. Check us out: http://formosafitness.com/
Forumosan avatar
Formosa Fitness

99 Recommends(s)
33 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 14 May 2012, 18:45

Well according to the article Taiwan is the only country that has had 5% growth per year for the last 4 decades. This is untrue, even if it is partially true where is all the money then?
The article seems to have been cobbled together out of bits and pieces of nothing really.
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1739 Recommends(s)
623 Recognized(s)

Postby Mucha Man » 14 May 2012, 18:52

Formosa Fitness wrote:
almas john wrote:Excellent??? Mr. Fitness, did you actually read the article? Absolutely unreadable. It looks like it's been run through translation software by a couple of coolies.

Why is the prognosis good? Past success is no guarantee of future success. You live here, you know the issues facing Taiwan's future prospects: aging population, education system not fulfilling the current let alone future needs of industry, wage stagnation, a growing underclass, a lack of a sound energy and environmental plan for the country, water shortages, insane judiciary, corrupt legislative, etc etc.

Taiwan could well pull through and be the Norway of East Asia but at the rate it is going now I think it will muddle along as a Spain or Italy forever.
“Everywhere else in the world is also really old” said Prof. Liu, a renowned historian at Beijing University. “We always learn that China has 5000 years of cultural heritage, and that therefore we are very special. It appears that other places also have some of this heritage stuff. And are also old. Like, really old.”

http://hikingintaiwan.blogspot.com/
Forumosan avatar
Mucha Man
Guan Yin (Guānyīn)

804 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 14 May 2012, 23:03

Muzha Man wrote:
Formosa Fitness wrote:

Why is the prognosis good? Past success is no guarantee of future success. You live here, you know the issues facing Taiwan's future prospects: aging population, education system not fulfilling the current let alone future needs of industry, wage stagnation, a growing underclass, a lack of a sound energy and environmental plan for the country, water shortages, insane judiciary, corrupt legislative, etc etc.

Taiwan could well pull through and be the Norway of East Asia but at the rate it is going now I think it will muddle along as a Spain or Italy forever.

not sure how anyone could think it well end up like spain or italy, even thru weak global demand in a low undiversified manufactoring based economy its still growing in pretty high speed for being the level of development that it is. I couldn't imagine taiwan as democratic as norway lol,
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 15 May 2012, 04:55

akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

Postby headhonchoII » 15 May 2012, 05:44

It's the same article dude!
I can remember the fourth of July runnin' through the backwood bare.
And I can still hear my old hound dog barkin' chasin' down a hoodoo there
Chasin' down a hoodoo there.
headhonchoII
Maitreya Buddha (Mílèfó)

1739 Recommends(s)
623 Recognized(s)

Postby akikaki1 » 15 May 2012, 06:43

headhonchoII wrote:It's the same article dude!

Dam I'm returded
akikaki1

ORIGINAL POSTER
11 Recommends(s)
2 Recognized(s)

FRIENDLY REMINDER
   Please remember that Forumosa is not responsible for the content that appears on the other side of links that Forumosans post on our forums. As a discussion website, we encourage open and frank debate. We have learned that the most effective way to address questionable claims or accusations on Forumosa is by engaging in a sincere and constructive conversation. To make this website work, we must all feel safe in expressing our opinions, this also means backing up any claims with hard facts, including links to other websites.
   Please also remember that one should not believe everything one reads on the Internet, particularly from websites whose content cannot be easily verified or substantiated. Use your common sense and do not hesitate to ask for proof.

Proceed to Open Forum